~Chapter Sixteen: More Than Me~

Poe, Chewie, and Finn stand in front of three troopers and General Hux. The troopers about to execute the 'Resistance Scum'. 

   "Actually, I'd like to do this myself," Hux says taking the blaster from one of the troopers.

   "So what was Ben going to tell you before?" Poe asked.

   "You still on that?" Finn responded.

   "Oh, I'm sorry, is this a bad time?"

   "Yeah. Sort of is a bad time, Poe!"

   "Well, cause later doesn't really look like an option." Finn and Poe argue but abruptly stop when they hear the blaster going off. They turn seeing all the troopers on the ground. Hux stands there.

   "I'm the spy," Hux tells them.

   "You?" Poe asks.

   "We don't have much time."

   "I knew it!" Poe yells.

   "No, you did not," Finn tells him. The group run back to the hanger. Hux stands outside of the hanger door, blaster in hand.

   "I'll shut down the impeders. You've got seconds," Hux tells them. Poe spots Ben shooting his blaster protecting himself and the Falcon.

   "There he is. He's a survivor," Poe says walking into the hanger Chewie following, leaving Hux and Finn alone.

   "Wait. Wait.Blast me in the arm. Quick."

   "What?" Finn asks as Hux hands him the blaster.

   "Or they'll know." Finn shoots Hux in the leg instead.

   "Why are you helping us?" Hux groans.

   "She's changed. She called him Scoundrel in a meeting, in front of people. She knows I'm the spy yet I'm still alive. And if I die it's not going to be from her. She wanted me to tell him something but she changed her mind last second." Hux says.

   "Does she," Finn pauses, "love him?"

   "I don't know," Hux gasps at the pain in his leg. "She cried because she had to stay away from him. Something about protecting him, I think. But Palpatine wants him dead, and she has to kill him."

~~~

   Y/n arrives to the Destroyer as Ben stands shooting at the troopers. He stops seeing her walk out, her mask covering her face. 

   "Why did the Emperor come for me?" she asked him softly.

   "Because he saw what you would become. You don't just have power. You have his power. You're his granddaughter. Y/n! You're a Palpatine," Ben says to her. "My mother was the daughter of Vader. Your father was the son of the Emperor. What Palpatine doesn't know is we're a dyad in the Force, Y/n. Two that are one." Y/n looks around at her surroundings. She takes her mask off. Ben watches her face rise and the hair move away, she was crying.

   "We could kill him together and take the throne." Y/n reaches her hand out. "Join me."

   "Ben! Come on!" Finn yells as the Falcon pull up to the hanger. The wind pushing people around. Y/n holds her ground, her hand still out for Ben. Ben watches her as he walks to the edge. He gives her a soft smile. He jumps to the Falcon, Finn helping him on.

~~~

   "The Jedi apprentice still live. Perhaps you have betrayed me. Do not make me turn my fleet against you, granddaughter. I know he told you," Palpatine told Y/n over the Force, her mask covering her tears as she cried.