Zouis - Your Innocence Thrills Me

*

Louis kept his head down as he walked past Niall and Harry, the smell of weed strong and nauseating. This was a thing the cool kids did; a way to assert their coolness Louis always thought. But he often wondered if there was something more to it. Zayn was the biggest pothead in the school, but he was also the cleverest and hottest boy, so there must be something more to it than intentionally frying your brain with the aim of coming across as a complete hoodlum.

*

“Please don’t tell me you’re in a mood again!” Liam moaned as he sat down next to Louis, noticing the distant look on the older boy’s face.

“I’m not. I’m just thinking.”

“What about?” Liam enquired.

“Liam, have you ever got high?”

“Course I have.” Liam replied, using his pen to pretend he was smoking a joint “Was some good shit.”

“Oh God!” Louis face palmed. Even Liam- LIAM for Christ’s sake- had tried weed!

“You haven’t?” Liam sounded shocked.

“No. I don’t know where to get it.”

“There is one person you could ask.” Liam said apprehensively.

“Who?” Louis suddenly perked up.

Liam just pointed and Louis followed his finger to the other side of the cantine. “Zayn Malik.”

Louis let out a sigh. Zayn was hot and mysterious and he wore leather and didn’t shave very often. He was intimidating for poor little innocent Louis. “I can’t just swan up there and ask him! Are you mad? That’s Zayn God-damn Malik!”

Liam laughed “He’s just a normal guy.”

“You ask him then!” Louis challenged his friend.

“I’m not the one who wants to take a trip to la-la land. Just suck it up and ask him! The worst he can do is say no.”

“Yeah, and embarrass me in front of all of his cool friends.”

Liam ignored his friend “OI, ZAYN! LOUIS WANTS TO TALK TO YOU.” He shouted across the room before Louis had a chance to kick him and shut him up. Louis buried his head in his hands.

“Tell him to come over here then.” Zayn replied; he sounded friendly enough.

“Go on then Lou.” Liam urged him and Louis stood up, giving his mate evils as he walked away.

“What can I do for you?” Zayn spoke in a calm and gravelly tone.

“I erm, was wondering if you could get me some weed?”

Zayn’s eyes widened and his friends laughed “For God’s sake kid. Keep your voice down.”

Louis didn’t like being called kid. They were the same age!

“Come on kid, let’s take a walk.” Zayn put his arm around Louis and started to drag him off.

“Wait!” Niall said, causing the two boys to turn around. “Lou, I know you’re against this. Don’t do something you don’t wanna do!”

“I do want to.” Louis smiled.

“Right come on then, I don’t have all day.” Zayn dragged him away to the nearby toilets and put the bin against the door to stop anyone coming in. “How much do you want?” Zayn asked.

“Erm. One?” Louis twisted his lip, biting it in anticipation and embarrassment.

“One?” Zayn chuckled “How about we come to some sort of agreement?”