Chapter Eight

Hinata POV

We went around Konoha givin cupcakes to the people I had done wrong to. Most of them accepted my apology and gladly took a cookie or a brownie. I was glad that the majority of them accepted my sincere apology. But I knew that the last bunch would be hard to convince, I still had to try though.

I took a deep breath as I stood in front if the door. The door that had changed my life. The door that was welcoming yet such a horrid place. I raised a shaky hand and bawled it up to a fist. I inhaled and hit my knuckles against the wooden door. Kakashi smiled an encouraging smile. I waited....I knocked once again. The door opened to a sleepy looking Itachi "what?" His voice drowsy and deep. He rubbed his eye and looked at me, inspecting every inch of me. Konan appeared behind him, her face blank. She wore a baggy sweater with the words "Toxic" on the front. She wasn't wearing any pants and a tattoo choker tightly gripping her neck. She glared at me "Itachi get back inside" she demanded. He smirked "I'll see you around Hina" he said winking at me. Konan noticed the gesture and elbowed him "teme" she mumbled. I shifted my weight from my right leg to my left leg "I-I wanted t-t-to apologize f-for w-what I d-did" I said bowing my head. She scoffed "wow, you expect me to just forgive you for what you did? Itachi wouldn't touch me whatsoever or even acknowledge me! He was all for you, I can't believe you!" I felt my eyes glaze over. I took a shaky breath "I-I'M REALLY SORRY K-KONAN! I-I WAS I-IN A B-BAD PLACE A-AND I WISH TO B-BE FRIENDS A-AGAIN!" my eyes were already leaking tears.

I heard her sigh "what's in the basket?" I snapped my head up and wiped away my tears "I-I baked 'I'm sorry' sweets" I responded softly. She sighed once again "I'll take three of those brownies and five cookies" she said pointing at them. I nodded and handed them to her "you're a sweet kid, therefore I accept your apology" she said. She suddenly leaned over and kissed my nose "get your life together" she whistepered with a small, hopeful smile. I nodded and bowed "T-Thank you!"

Next was Naruto. We walked along to his house when I noticed Kiba running towards me. I stopped and waited for him to catch up, to my surprised me with a tight hug "HINA-SAMA, THANK KAMI YOU'RE OKAY! HOW ARE YOU?!" I giggled lightly "I'm fine Kiba-kun." His eyes darted to the basket "what's that?" His voice full of curiosity, "I made sweets, I wanted to apoligize-" "I FORGIVE YOU!" he shouted grabbing a handful if cookies. I smiled as I watched him gobble down cookies "mif is goof" he said while chewing. I bowed only to feel a foot push itself on my back "KIBAAAAAAAA!!" I heard a loud thud. I looked up to see Ino kissing Kiba repeatedly "Kiba-kun don't ever leave me for so long!~" she purred as she planted kiss after kiss on him. He blushed madly "I-INO!!" he complained glancing at me. I tilted my head and I could hear Kakashi's deep sigh. Kiba smiled slightly "I-Ino is kinda my ummmm-" "GIRLFRIEEEEEEEND" Ino sang. I giggled and tucked a piece if hair behind my ear "I-I'm so happy for y-you Kiba-kun!" Kakashi elbowed me lightly "oh" well I'd live to stay and talk but I have to get going" I waved goodbye at them and headed to once again to Naruto's house. Kakashi glanced at me "you're doing great Hinata, I'm proud of you" I smiled weakly. Inside I was dying. He's not proud of me, I'm not proud of me. I'm in rehab because I was addicted to pain killers. I almost died because of it. He shouldn't be proud, he should be insulting me. I shook my head "hey, there he is" Kakashi said pointing to the Ramen Shop. I smiled, typical Naruto. We walked over slowly, my feet were killing me. I tapped Naruto on the shoulder "N-Naruto?" He quickly turned in his seat. I smiled at him "I-" his arms quickly wrapped around me "I'm sorry" he whispered softly. I blushed as his scent filled my nostrils. He smelled of mint "naruto.." His embrace tightened as his name left my lips, he inhaled me in. His hand made its way into my hair and he began to stroke it ever so gently. He shuddered "naruto?.." "don't ever...don't ever do anything like that again" his voice shaky. I nodded and allowed the embrace to continue for a few moments more, oh Naruto...

He pulled away and looked at me, his eyes puffy and his nose running. He smiled widely "WHAT'S IN THE BASKET?!" he said back to his usual self. I smiled "well you can pick out whatever and as many sweets as you want" his eyes widened. "THANK YOU HINATA-CHAN!!" he said grabbing a handful of cookies, four brownies and two cookies. He smiled softly at me "I hope to see you around more often" he placed a quick kiss on my cheek. He smiled once more "see you around Hinata" and with that he headed off to the direction of his home. I looked over to Kakashi who smiled "you did good Hinata, you're almost done with the process" he ruffled my hair gently. I felt myself blush, I'm almost done I thought happily. I can do this, soon I'll be home again....in Sasuke's arms. I looked at the sky that was getting darker, I wonder if Sasuke is looking at the moon at this moment. Somehow...I knew he was and it comforted me.

Sorry I took so long to update!! ( •´д•' ) but here ya go, sorry for typos, bad grammar and all that!! (><。)but vote, review, share, comment ect. I'll make sure to update more often! tysm for reading!!! ╰(*´︶'*)╯♡