Chapter 1

Percy's POV

For once things everything in my life seemed to be going okay, though I would never say that aloud. I've been through enough to know you should never tempt the fates.

"Percy! Pay attention to the road!" Annabeth said with a playful smack on my arm. "I didn't survive Tartarus just to die in a car accident because my boyfriend doesn't know how to drive."

"Well maybe if my girlfriend wasn't shouting in my ear, I wouldn't be so distracted," I said, before regretting my choice of words.

"Oh really?" She said as she crossed her arms, "You want to rethink that statement?"

"I mean, it's hard not to get distracted by your beauty when you're sitting beside me?"

"Okay, just because I'm in the backseat doesn't mean I'm not here people," Nico said from the backseat, "If you don't want me to redecorate this car with vomit, you might wanna chill on the flirting."

I'd almost forgotten he was even in the car with us. Ever since him and Will had gotten together, he'd been spending almost all his time at camp. With the exceptions of his visits to Camp Jupiter to see Hazel and his trips with us to see my mom, he'd become a year-round camper.

"You knew what you were signing up for when you agreed to come," Annabeth said.

Nico groaned, "I can't help it, I'm a sucker for Sally's cookies. She just makes them so good its magic or something."

I couldn't disagree with that.

Annabeth and I had just gotten back from Camp Jupiter a couple days ago. After initially stopping at Camp for some important book Annabeth wanted, we headed off to my mom's place for a few days. Now we were on our way back to camp for the summer session.

With my first year of college done I'm looking forward to a relaxing summer of capture the flag, sword fighting classes and pranks led by the Hermes cabin.

"Was Hazel and Frank thinking of coming this summer?" Nico asked.

Annabeth answered for me, "I don't think so, they have their hands full running camp, it felt like we barely saw them sometimes when we were living in the same camp."

Since Hazel had joined Frank as Praetor, they'd both been busy. I'd only been Praetor for a day before I left on the quest but even with that short experience, I could tell it was hard work.

"I hear Piper was going to try to come though, and Leo and Calypso were going to stop by for a few weeks at least," I added.

"Great, so it won't quite be like old times," Nico said before realizing what he said. We all knew it would never be like old times again.

"Hey, stop eating all the cookies," Annabeth said changing the subject, "If you finish all of them before we get there Percy won't have mercy."

"Listen to her Nico," I said glaring through the rear view mirror, "If you eat the rest of those cookies, well, I can't be held accountable for my actions when it comes to cookies."

"I don't know what you're talking about," Nico said, as he put the cookie back in the box and closed them, "I've barely touched them."

Annabeth and I laughed, yes this was going to be a good summer.

Eric's POV

I can't stand that son of Poseidon. He walks around like he's better than everyone else. I could beat him in a fight, He'd be dead before he even got his sword out.

"ERIC!" I looked up to find my father, Ares yelling at me. I had thought it a lovely day to go to the sword arena and disassemble the dummies the hard way. At some point I had sat down and gotten lost in thought.

"Yes, Father?" I asked curious. It wasn't every day that a god came down to yell at you. Most of the time they just send a card, if they reached out at all.

"I finally have your attention. I hope you were thinking of painful ways to kill a man," Ares said with his usual charm. I don't know why he likes to kill people so much. I'm all for the fighting, but the killing isn't me.

"Anyway, I have a job for you. Do you accept?" He gave me a look that let me know it would be suicide to not.

"I accept," I didn't understand why he didn't go to Clarisse. She was usually the one to do jobs for him.

"Normally I would give it to Clarisse, but she likes the kid too much. Besides, it's time to give another kid a chance," he said. I just let him continue talking while I wondered for the millionth time what my mother saw in him.

"Your mission is to destroy the brat, Percy Jackson's, reputation. Defeat him in battle, spread lies about him if you want, whatever you do the gods will back you up. Just make sure his life is miserable," he explained.

"All the gods?" I asked. It was well known that Percy was his father's favorite son and would not want his life to be miserable. I dared to voice my fear, "Even Poseidon?"

"Don't worry about him, son, I'll take care of him. Just do your job and ruin the hero's life," Ares said before flashing out. I quickly covered my eyes and started planning. To disobey the war god was not wise. I couldn't fail this mission.

Have any of you listened to or seen The Lightning Thief  Musical? It's so good, especially after the mess that was the PJO movies. When reading through the books while listening to it I actually found lines from the books, and they include so many little things. Its actually pretty accurate since they have limited time and resources. Unfortunately  Percy can't be using real powers to control water on stage, though that would be super cool. If you haven't already, I strongly recommend checking it out!

And thank you for reading, especially if you started reading this a few years  ago and came back, I'm so sorry for the long wait, but it's finally complete and edited, so I hope the wait was worth it.