Chapter 6

*A few months later*

Percy's POV

I watched as the hellhound killed the demigod. The boy had constantly refused to join Kronos, so I had been given the task of destroying him.

I saw a satyr show up and silently moved over to him. Just as I was about to strike him dead, I saw his face, Grover.

He turned around and his eyes widened in surprise. My face was not visible. I wore a cloak and mask to disguise myself, but I guess satyrs didn't see that every day.

He saw the sword at my side, "Quick! Can you save him?"

I could have, if I wanted to. Instead I shake my head, "Sorry, I can't. Let's get you away from here before the monster decides it wants dessert."

I escorted him to Camp Half-Blood, which was a two hour walk away.

His face showed confusion," How did you know where this was? Are you a demigod?"

I decided to answer truthfully, or somewhat. Afterall, Grover was the last person alive I could trust. Annabeth was gone, Mrs. O'Leary had a new owner, Mom and Paul had died in a mysterious car accident after I had left. And I wasn't sure I could trust the others of the seven. Grover is the only friend I know I can trust, and he thinks I'm dead.

I took a deep breath and answered," I used to be a demigod. The Gods and I didn't get along, so I went my own way. I do what helps me now. I'm no longer a pawn in their games."

"We need your help! Some evil is rising and might win. We need all the help we can get, especially now that we've lost our best fighters," He trailed off. Poor Grover, he looked as if he might break down crying.

"Sorry, but I help only myself now. Not monsters, not the Gods, find some other way," I scowled. I didn't want to help them. If there has to be a winning side, I want it to be Kronos.

"Please," He begged.

I gave in," Fine, when you lose hope, when you are defeated, call out hope three times. I will come, but only if you are the one to call out three times. Anyone else, any other number, any other word, I will not help."

Grover decided to take it and smiling walked into camp.

"You should have gone in with him. We need some spies," Kronos's voice sounded in my head as soon as Grover was gone.

"If I go in, they'll recognize me. If I go in with my cloak and mask, they'll know I'm hiding something," I muttered as I walked into the woods. I needed to find an abandoned area to create a portal.

"That's where the power to change your appearance comes in handy," Kronos reminded me.

I had become a Titan shortly after I agreed to help them. My realm includes everything blue, except for the sky. I still have to remind myself about it sometimes.

"Now change your appearance and pretend to be a demigod. We need you as a spy. Send your sword here until you need it. One of our friends on that side will claim you," Kronos ordered.

"What happened to the original spy?" I asked curious as I threw my sword into the portal. It will appear in my hand later when I want it.

"We are not sure of his allegiance, besides, if one of you gets found out there are still others to inform us," Kronos informed me before leaving my head.

I changed my appearance. I gave myself blue eyes and blue hair. As I threw on some glasses, I summoned a hellhound, they're kind of my favorite monsters, and also happen to be one of my symbols.

"Okay boy, attack me."

I started running and the hellhound ran after me. Some people heard my screaming and came to see what was happening. Someone killed the poor hellhound, and then all eyes were on me, guess people don't see blue hair often. I tried not to let on how much I hated this place. Kronos will pay for making me come back.

"Hey," Someone called as they approached me. I turned around to face them, "Hello, I'm Piper. I'll take you to see Chiron."

I played the part of a confused kid. I pretended to be Peter Jones, an orphaned 13-year-old kid. When Peter was running away from a foster home, a hellhound had appeared out of nowhere and tried to attack him. They believed me.

I went through the typical new kid process, movie, explanation, tour, introductions, Clarisse's bullying, and all that fun stuff.

At one point I caught Piper staring at my hair.

"Sorry," She blushed," not too many people die their hair blue, a couple of children of Iris have, but no one else."

I decided to have some fun, so I said," Um, my hair's natural."

The look on her face was priceless. She started looking for something to say," I'm sorry! I just assumed-,"

Smiling I told her," It's okay, I was joking."

After giving me a death glare, she asked," What is your natural hair color?"

I decided to lie and replied," Red, People used to stare at me and ask me a lot of annoying questions. Kids would also tease me relentlessly," I was thinking about one red head girl in my class one year. Everyone made fun of her for some reason.

Shrugging, I continued," People staring isn't that unusual for me. At least now people think I'm weird for something I did do instead of something I had no control over. I can pretend that red hair isn't so unusual that it's only when I have blue hair people look at me weird.

We walked in silence for a while before Piper spoke up," You should meet Rachel, she's our oracle and a red head too."

We walked into the Hermes cabin just then and the conversation ended. That night at the campfire I was claimed by Hecate. I was accepted into the camp and ready to become a spy.

How many red heads are reading this? Comment if you are a proud red head!