Chapter 48

Annabeth's POV

"Percy?"

His eyes were so cold, he wasn't my Percy at all. What happened to him?

"So do we have a deal?" The Giant king asked.

Percy looked up at him, "And you will fulfill the rest of the deal?"

Porphyrion smiled, "Yes, once those pesky Chaos soldiers are defeated, you shall have control of all the Seas, and we shall leave you two in peace."

What? Percy couldn't be thinking of taking the offer, could he? After all these years, I don't really know who he is anymore.

"Percy don't listen to him," I pleaded. "Don't do this."

He looked at me before responding, "Deal, now let her go."

"No!" The last thing I remembered before the world went black was Percy's cold eyes.

Hazel's POV

The soldiers had called for a meeting, so all the officials had gathered again, I looked around, but I couldn't see Glitter anywhere. Where had he disappeared too?

I could tell by the looks on Jason and Leo's faces that things were not okay.

"We have reason to believe that we will be under attack soon," Archí started, "We must prepare defenses and ready the campers."

"Where's Glitter?" I asked. Had he turned on us?

Jason grimaced, "We shouldn't count on him."

"Well, we don't have time to waste, everyone prepare for battle," Diana said, ending the meeting.

We did as we were told. The Hermes/Mercury kids and some of the Ares/Mars kids went around and added more defenses. I noticed the Apollo kids finding higher perches to prepare.

I noticed Leo had put his mask back on and was talking to Calypso, was he telling her? I made a mental note to find an ice pack for him later.

"Hey, once this is over, whataya think about us retiring?" Frank suddenly asked.

"What?" I asked confused.

"We've been watching out for the legion throughout this whole war, isn't time we give ourselves a break? I think we should step down and try to live our own lives," He explained.

"You're serious," I said, unable to process. I know I'm not going to be Praetor forever, but I hadn't been thinking of retiring yet. But living a quiet life with Frank did sound nice. Maybe it wasn't such a bad idea.

"Let's get through this first, then we'll talk," I promised, kissing him on the cheek, "We've got to finish this first."

That's when the shouting started. "Monsters! Incoming!"

Leo's POV

I know Chaos doesn't like us having ties to our past lives, but after telling the others, there was no way I could leave without telling Cal. Every time I saw her on Chaos it felt like I was being stabbed.

While everyone was preparing for the battle, I noticed her sitting by the hearth. Before I could think about how much trouble I might get in, I walked over.

"Hey Calypso, could I talk to you for a few minutes?" I asked.

She narrowed her eyes, studying me, "About what?"

"Um, well, I don't know how to say this," I said nervously. What was I thinking? She's going to be so mad at me. Unable to explain I decided to just pull my mask off.

Her eyes got huge and then I saw the anger starting.

"LEONIDAS ANTHONY VALDEZ!" She yelled at me as she started punching me, "How dare you fake your death again!"

I waited until she stopped hitting before responding, "Well, see, technically I was dead. Then Chaos brought me back. He had a rule though that we aren't allowed to tell people we're alive."

She kept glaring at me, and then she surprised me by kissing me.

"I'm glad you're not dead," She said. "But don't you ever do that again, understand?"

I grinned, "Yes Ma'am."

I was about to kiss her again when the shouting started. "Monsters!"

Piper's POV

Where was Percy? I heard the war cry being sounded and saw everyone hurrying for formations, or at least the Romans and Chaos soldiers did, the Greeks just grabbed their weapons and prepared to run.

Archí stepped forward and gave the order, "Charge!"

Everyone who could fight, which was most of the remaining campers, did as he said and charged. We weren't going to go down without a fight.

I pulled my sword and dagger and started stabbing and hacking at everything in my path, minus the demigods of course. I faltered for a minute when I saw Percy with them. How could he?

I barely missed a sword, ducking out of the way just in time, it only cut off some hair. I quickly turned around and stabbed the monster in the chest.

I looked but couldn't see Percy again, where did he go? I felt a cut on my arm and decided to turn my attention back to the battle at hand.

Luke's POV

We don't have any Gods. How are we supposed to kill these Giants without a God?

Really son, do you not count me?

I looked around and couldn't believe my eyes, Chaos! He was even more ancient then the Gods, did that mean he could help kill a Giant?

"Oh please, this is a piece of cake," He snorted, "Get to work Archí, you have some work to do."

"Soldiers! Get the Giants, leave the others for the campers!" I shouted as I charged for the closest Giant.

It all began to blur, Chaos waited until I did most of the work, but then he would finish off the Giant before I moved on to the next one.

I risked a glance around the battlefield, only a couple Giants remained, but there were several campers down. I saw Percy fighting one of my soldiers.

I heard a scream, it couldn't be, no. I ran towards it and wished my eyes were bad or this was just a dream. Thalia had been run through by the Giant's sword. She lay on the ground, struggling to breathe.

"No!" I shouted, throwing my sword at the Giant's eye like a knife. I ran towards Thalia and grabbed her hand, "Hang on Thals, don't die on me, stay strong."

The Giant pulled the knife out of its eye and stared down at us and started laughing. "How sweet, two lovers, dying together."

"We're not lovers!" I argued, but it didn't matter. I didn't see Chaos anywhere. I grabbed a nearby rock and threw it at him. It hit him in the other eye, but he wasn't even annoyed by it.

He raised his arm, ready to crush us, when his eyes went wide, and a sword appeared in his chest.