Chapter 24

Will's POV

We slowly made our way back to camp in the van we had borrowed. Planes haven't been used in years, so the quickest way to travel is by car. Being Demigods, we didn't have our own individual cars, but there were a few that belonged to the camp that demigods were allowed to use when needed.

I felt sorry for Jessie and everyone his age. They usually don't remember much about how the world was before the Titans took over. The Titans have never revealed themselves to mortals, but the mortals could tell that something was different. More people were disappearing, there was a lot more pain and suffering, and the harvests were terrible. Many people were starving all over the world.

We finally made it back to camp about three days later. It had been a long and silent journey, and I was not eager to go cross country again. Several times throughout the trip I found myself wishing that we could use the Labyrinth. It would have made these trips so much quicker, though about as dangerous.

We encountered only a few monsters, and were able to quickly kill them, mostly due to Jessie. He was fighting better than most of the campers, and most of them had been trained by the best soldiers in the known world. Something about Jessie's fighting style seemed familiar to me.

"Will!" Someone yelled my name.

"What?" I asked, pulling out of my thoughts.

"You need to stop zoning out. If you do that while fighting, you're dead," Mandy warned me.

"Yeah, I know," I said while rolling my eyes. Sisterly concern could be annoying sometimes.

"Well, I was just explaining to Chiron what we found. Do you care to add anything?" Mandy asked.

"No, that's okay, you've got it covered."

She rolled her eyes at that, but continued," While we were checking the surrounding area, we found the boy, Jessie. He-, you should probably talk to him."

"Why?" Chiron asked.

"We believe he might have some information about the Titans," I explained.

"Well, go find him and bring him here." He ordered. Mandy and I quickly got up and hurried to go find him. The sooner we figured this out and solved, the better.

Jessie's POV

After we got to camp, I was sent off with one of the campers. No one seemed to recognize me from the last time I had been here, but I recognized a few of the campers.

I was given a bunk in the Hermes Cabin, I think. Something about being unclaimed and the God of travelers. I was more worried about Glitter.

During the last few days, I had remembered a little more about the attack, but hadn't told Will and Mandy about it.

We had walked back to the throne room. Kronos had agreed to see Glitter. I didn't know much about him, but I knew he must be powerful if the Titans were scared of him. They were scared enough to listen to his orders.

Glitter had walked up to Kronos, and quickly pulled out his sword and struck him down. Before anyone could react, half the guards, and a couple of Titans were dead. I came to my senses then and started killing everything that was alive. Glitter had ordered me to leave the cloak on so no one would see me coming. I think I took out most of the guards, a couple Titans that got in the way, and a plant or two. Hey, don't judge me, they could have been in disguise.

Most of it was all a blur. Before I knew it, the guards had stopped coming, they were either dead or had run away. Glitter had gotten rid of all but one Titan, a huge man with bulging muscles. I wondered for a minute what his punishment had been from the gods. Maybe he had to spend eternity in a gym or something.

I didn't dwell on my thoughts for long. I started running towards the two, but before I had gotten there, the memory had disappeared.

I've been puzzling over what might have happened. Did Glitter die? Was that why the Gods hadn't been released? The man that destroyed the Titans, who would have gotten them out, was dead?

I was saved from my thoughts by Will.

"What?" I snapped at him, but instantly felt bad. Will had been extremely nice to me the last few days, even when I hadn't given him any reason to do so.

"Well, nice to see you too," He rolled his eyes," Now, get out of bed, Chiron wants to speak with you."

"Chiron? The horse guys?" I asked.

"The horse guy, as you call him, is a centaur," A third voice informed me. I looked up and noticed a dark-haired guy who looked about the same age as Will, though significantly paler.

"Fine, but what does he want with me?" I asked.

Will stared at me for a minute before deciding to tell me, "He wants to hear your story, about you and Glitter."

I stared at him. Did they really think Glitter was a bad guy? Or were they trying to find him? Did they want to help me, or just punish Glitter?

"Why?" I demanded.

"Because we think he might know what's going on. He could be dead, or this could have been part of his plan, and now he has disappeared to watch us as we try to survive," He explained as he sat down on my bed.

"Glitter didn't do anything wrong!" I almost shouted at him. I didn't want to believe him. I didn't want to believe my thoughts. He had stolen that boy's cloak, laughed while fighting the Titans, he had never liked discussing what would happen after. Had he really not intended to free the Gods? But then why wasn't he the God now?

"In that case, he is probably dead. I know you don't want to hear this Jessie, but it does look very suspicious," He said, running his fingers through his hair.

He got up and started for the door," Look, just get up and come with us okay? We'll figure this out. If we're wrong than great, if we're right, then at least you'll know."

With that they left, leaving me sitting in bed staring at the closed door. Slowly I started to get up. Will was right. I need to find out the truth, even if I won't like it.

Annabeth's POV

"Do they have any more information yet?" I asked as I paced back and forth.

"Not that they have given us. Calm down Ann, you know Father hates it when we ruin his tents, especially when it's just the floor," Rocky teased me in an effort to make me smile.

"How can I relax? The Gods are in Tartarus, the Titans are missing, and our only link is a 13-year-old boy that doesn't remember anything!" I screamed.

"Well, I'm also mad about Luke eating the last cookie, but I'm at least not yelling at everyone about it."

That made me smile. In a minute though, I was pacing the floor again.

"Oh, come on! I can't get you to stop, I give up," Rocky exclaimed before leaving me alone.

"Ann! Annabeth! Where are you?" Someone was shouting. It took me a minute before I realized it was Luke.

"I'm in here!" I yelled back to him.

"Come on," He said as he appeared in the doorway," Chiron has called a meeting, we're going."

"Why not you and Thalia?" I asked.

"She and Jason disappeared somewhere, so I need you to come with me," Luke informed me over his shoulder as he ran downstairs.

"Well, I feel loved," I muttered as I ran after him. I wasn't getting any answers from him.