Chapter 3

Percy's POV

I later found myself laying under a bush. I kept replaying Annabeth's death over and over in my head. I heard people calling my name all over the woods. I continued to hide under the bushes.

I soon heard some monsters however and reached for my sword, instead I got a box. It was a small grey box with a ring inside. I had planned on proposing to Annabeth today after I had talked to Thalia. Now that can never happen.

I couldn't believe this was the way it was going to end. The last few years after the Giant War had been wonderful. I mean yeah, the Emperors rising and that whole thing with the Kane siblings weren't fun, but we got through that. I bet the Fates are laughing their heads off. I'm a demigod, its impossible for me to have a happy life.

"Percy?" I heard someone call from a few feet away. I tried to move back farther but the noise caught her attention.

"Percy, come out, please," Thalia said softly as she approached my hiding place.

My fingers grasped riptide. Just before she reached me, a voice sounded in my head.

Percy, listen to me and I'll get you out of camp.

It didn't occur to me to question who she was, so I went along.

Jump up and use your sword to stab yourself.

I did just what I was told. I jumped up and surprised Thalia. She was even more surprised when she saw what I was going to do with my sword. I didn't think it over, what was there to think about? I didn't want to live anymore. Without Annabeth, who am I? So, I plunged the sword into my heart and hoped to see my wise girl in Elysium.

At first, I felt pain, great intense pain, then nothing. I opened my eyes and looked around. I was back in Tartarus.