Chapter 16

Silena's POV

"What were you thinking?" Thalia shouted at Luke as soon as Chaos disappeared.

"The only reason why we didn't get her last time was because she was with Percy. So why the sudden change of heart? Why are you trying to take her away from him?" She continued.

Everyone was nodding their heads in agreement. All of us thought that the couple should never be separated. Percabeth was such a cute ship, and they would not be separated, not on my watch.

Luke waited for Thalia to calm down before explaining," I have reason to believe that Percy isn't in Elysium with Annabeth, he is being held captive by Kronos."

"And how do you know this?" Thalia demanded.

"A conversation during the battle," I may not be the daughter of Apollo, but I can tell when someone was lying. Thalia obviously believed though.

"Then we have to rescue him!" She exclaimed," Who's coming with me?"

"Thalia, we lost to them last time, what makes you think we can break into their home and save him?" Luke tried to reason with her.

"We could have won if we had Percy, Percy could have taken on the Golden guy, and we would have won," Thalia said stubbornly. Something was wrong with Luke, it seemed like he didn't want Percy to be rescued, why?

"No one is going to rescue anyone, understand?" Chaos thundered as he reappeared in the throne room with two bodies, "Not even Percy Jackson, he has already chosen his path. You will not interfere."

"Father, what do you mean he has already chosen? Surely he is not helping them?" Thalia addressed him.

Surely that wasn't what Father meant. Percy would never betray his friends. I know everyone here had forgiven me, but every now and then the guilt overwhelms me. It was my fault Charlie died, I warned Luke about Percy and Charlie, and Charlie got killed. Even now I still regret it.

"What I mean is that Percy does not need your help. The demigods are who you must help now. Here are the two new recruits. Show them around, I'm afraid I have some business to do so I will be away for a while," Chaos informed us before again disappearing.

"Leo!" Jason yelled as he ran towards one of the figures laying on the floor.

"What happened? Where's Piper? Who are you? Where am I?" Leo started rambling.

While Jason hugged a confused Leo, Thalia and Luke approached Annabeth," Annabeth?" Luke called.

"What happened? Where am I?" Annabeth asked as she sat up and immediately started admiring the architecture.

Out of the corner of my eye, I could tell that Rocky was closely examining her. She had heard thousands of stories about Annabeth Chase but had never met her.

I motioned for everyone except Jason, Thalia, Luke, and the newbies, to follow me out. We needed to give them time alone for their reunion.

Luke's POV

Annabeth, I couldn't believe it. Annabeth was right in front of me again.

"Annabeth," I whispered.

"Yeah, who are you?" She asked as she narrowed her eyes and studied me.

I reached up to take the mask off. A look of shock flashed across her face," Luke?" She whispered.

I nodded. She stared at me," Luke, I can't believe it's you!" She yelled as she jumped on me. I smiled as I hugged her back.

Leo suddenly noticed we were there when Annabeth screamed. The look on his face was part fear, and part amazement.

"Annabeth! You're alive?" He asked.

"I guess. Am I Luke? Are we alive?" She asked looking up at me.

I smiled," Yes, we're alive."

"And you're Luke? The traitor that hosted Kronos during the last Titan war?" Leo accused me.

All of a sudden, I found the floor very interesting. I started counting the tiles as I heard Thalia answer for me," No, he is the hero that killed Kronos, sacrificing himself, and saved Olympus."

"It's okay Thals," I smiled at her before addressing Leo," Yes, I was that Luke, but I no longer work for Kronos."

"Thals? Luke called you Thals, why?" Annabeth asked Thalia.

Thalia took of her mask.

"Thalia!" Annabeth screamed as she rushed to crush her in a bear hug.

"What else has happened while I was dead?" Annabeth asked in her usual way. Alive for less than five minutes and already demanding answers.

"Kronos rose again, Camp Half-Blood fell, Thalia still likes me, and I think that's all," I explained.

"Luke," Thalia playfully slapped me," I may not be a hunter anymore, but that doesn't mean I'm interested."

"Sure," I smirked.

"Among those interesting developments, I also rejoined the land of the living," Jason said as he pulled off his mask," Hey guys."

Leo and Annabeth were speechless.

"Dude, I'm the only one who's allowed to die and come back to life, why were you trying to steal my role?" Leo asked as he hugged Jason.

"Sorry, but it was such a good trick I thought I'd try it out," Jason grinned.

Annabeth rolled her eyes, "I'm glad you're not dead, but please don't start with the lame jokes."

"No promises," Jason said.

"So why were we brought back?" Annabeth asked.

"You two are now part of Chaos's army, when you're ready we'll introduce you to the rest. Just remember to always keep your mask on when around demigods and anyone else who isn't part of Chaos's army. Feel free to take it off when you are in Chaos army only territory. You don't have to though," Thalia explained as she handed them two masks, one grey like Rockies, and another sky blue like hers.

"Why? Why can't we reveal ourselves to them?" Annabeth asked, curious as always.

"Because, they can't know who we are, Chaos's orders, it's a safety issue," She explained as we stood up.

"Come on," I called behind my shoulder," We'll show you around."

Thalia and I spent the rest of the afternoon leading Annabeth and Jason around the palace, and our own palace. It allowed me to forget about the Percy problem for a while, and just enjoy myself with my friends.