Chapter 51

Luke's POV

He did it. He released the Gods. The campers were finally safe, or as safe as a demigod can be.

We hadn't seen Percy since he left to free the Gods. Hazel and Frank wanted to see him before they left, but they decided they couldn't wait much longer. After a week they took their demigods back to Camp Jupiter and began the process of rebuilding.

The Greeks had decided to stay where they were, the place had grown on them. Chaos had allowed us to reveal our identities, and the rest of the soldiers had revealed themselves to their siblings and friends. Bianca and Nico's reunion was really sweet, it made me feel even guiltier since I was part of why Bianca died. Then Bianca drew her dagger and threatened Will if he ever hurt Nico.

I had decided to not reveal myself; I didn't think it would go over very well. I know the soldiers have forgiven me for my part in the Second Titan War, but I don't think I can ever forgive myself.

"You about ready to go?" Thalia asked. I didn't deserve her. Since the battle thought I couldn't deny how I felt. She knew I had kept my distance because of my guilt but she didn't seem to care.

"Yes, I'm ready to be home," I said as I took her hand and created a portal back to Chaos. The rest of the soldiers would follow when they're ready. We had also been given permission to return to Earth when we wanted too if it didn't interfere with our duties. But I don't think I'll be coming back; I've had enough of Earth for two lifetimes.