Chapter 50

Selena's POV

The plan worked. Porphyrion had believed Percy was on his side and taken the bait. We knew we had to draw him out somehow. Then Percy had knocked us out when he was "killing" us so the Giants wouldn't become suspicious. Unfortunately, there were some real losses in the battle.

I saw a few faces I knew from my days at camp, Drew, Katie, Mark. Thankfully it wasn't many, but considering how few of us remained, even a few losses crippled us.

We quickly got healers out and tried to patch everyone up, I noticed Thalia and Luke walking together, holding hands, finally. I caught Thalia's eye and she smiled before looking away.

Percy had taken Jessie and disappeared into the water; we haven't seen them come back yet.

"Selena?" I heard a voice ask. I turned and gasped.

"Annabeth!" I squealed, running to hug her, "You're okay!"

Her mask was missing, and she looked rough, but she was alive. We soon had an audience as the rest of the soldiers realized she was back and the campers who recognized her came.

"Annabeth?" Hazel, I think, asked, "You're alive?"

"Currently," Annabeth managed to smile, "But what happened here? Am I too late?"

"Too late?" I asked.

"Per-Percy, he joined the Giants, did they already attack?"

Hazel stared at her, "Percy's alive?"

"It's okay," I said, wrapping an arm around Annabeth again. "We won, because Percy was on our side, he turned on them and saved the day. We couldn't have done it without him."

"You mean Glitter was Percy?" Frank asked, "How is that possible?"

"He changed, after I died," Annabeth said. "His eyes, they were so cold."

"They got to him," Luke said. "The Titans convinced him to help them, and then he regretted it and couldn't forgive himself."

"Maybe you could learn a lesson from him," Thalia said as she elbowed him. "Sometimes you can still do good and be forgiven, just a thought."

"They convinced Ares to set his own son against Percy. They convinced him to kill me," Annabeth said, like she still didn't believe it.

"Then they got what they deserved." A voice said from behind us. Annabeth paled once she saw who it was. Percy, and Jessie following behind him.

"Percy-," Annabeth started but didn't finish as she reached out and removed his mask. 

Percy's POV

She didn't yell at me. She didn't act like she hated me, more like she felt sad for me.

"I'm sorry Wise Girl," I managed to say. I couldn't look her in the eyes, not after everything I've done.

"Well, will you help us let the Gods out then?" Luke asked. "They didn't kill Annabeth, the Titans did. And if we don't get them out then the world is going to literally end."

I looked at Annabeth. She was alive, and safe. And she would want me to let them out. Maybe just maybe she could forgive me, someday.

Withoutreplying I teleported away, this was something I had to do alone.