Chapter 33

Thalia's POV

I knew Luke was worried about Annabeth, but I knew Annabeth could take care of herself. At least during the journey. I hadn't told Luke about my suspicions, but I was worried that she had gone looking for Percy.

"Thalia," Rocky called from the hallway outside my room," Are you coming?"

"I'll be there in a minute," I called to her from where I was sitting on my bed.

Luke had assembled a meeting, just the soldiers, the campers didn't know about Annabeth's disappearance, with the exception of Grover and Jessie.

We had put Jessie in a nice bedroom with a couple locks on the door and no weapons inside. A guard was stationed outside of it, and he would be allowed out at mealtimes.

We were all a little hesitant to be part of a kidnapping, but since Chaos ordered that Jessie not tell anyone something, Grover still wouldn't tell us what, we had to listen to Chaos.

"Thalia!" Rocky called again from downstairs.

"I'm coming!" I shouted again, slowly getting up from my spot on my bed. What if she found Percy? Or ran into someone else? What about that Glitter kid?

Everyone's yelling pulled me out of my thoughts.

"We need to find her!"

"She's not safe on her own!"

"She'll be fine, it's Annabeth we're talking about!"

"What if she runs into Glitter?"

"What if she runs into a Titan?"

"We don't have any good way of finding her! Especially if she doesn't want to be found!"

"SHUT UP!" I yelled at them.

"Hey Thals," Luke smiled at me, either he didn't hear the shouting a minute earlier, or he didn't care.

"First thing we need to do," I started, realizing Luke wasn't able to do this right now," is decide if we are going to try to find Annabeth."

"We have no way of finding her though," Jason spoke up.

"I didn't ask if we could find her, I asked if we were going to or not!" I snapped at him.

"We are going to look for her," Luke said, no one bothered to argue, they all knew what the final vote would be.

"Now, does anyone have any suggestions on how to find her?" I asked.

"We could ask Grover if he knows any tracking spells," Bianca suggested.

"We could ask Chaos," Selena mentioned quietly. None of us wanted to tell him that one of us was missing.

"Are we sure she left on her own? Or was she kidnapped?" Rocky asked the question we had all been too scared to say.

Luke and I looked at each other, we hadn't told everyone about Percy yet, or whatever he was called now. I decided to tell them.

"We think she left on her own, to go find Percy Jackson."

Silence fell over everyone, it wasn't until a few minutes later that someone managed to ask," Isn't he supposed to be dead? "

"Yes," Luke said," yet he has appeared to me and Grover a few times over the last few years, Percy has gone into hiding, and did not wish to be found. We believe Annabeth left to go find him."

I thought about including the part about Percy being the Man in Gold, but decided that if Luke wanted to leave that out, we would leave it out.

"Would she go to his old apartment?" Jason suggested.

"Maybe," I shrugged," It's worth a shot, who wants to check it out?"

Before long we had three groups. one group would be going to Percy's old apartment that he lived in with his mom, which included Luke, Rocky, Zoë, and Jason. The second group was going to Mount Othrys, Ethan (Nakamura), Lee (Fletcher), Me, and Selena. The third group, Bianca, Charles, Michael (Yew), and Castor, would stay behind and help the campers, and let the others know if Annabeth came back or Chaos needed them.

"Get what you'll will need, take a nap if you need energy. We won't be sleeping tonight" Luke addressed those that were leaving," We will leave tonight when everyone is ready.

Annabeth's POV

"You're him" I managed to choke out. We were staring at each other, neither of us raising our weapons. This was the man I had set out to find.

"Who are you talking about?" He asked.

"You're the Man in Gold, the man that pretended to be Percy Jackson!" I screamed the last part, fighting to hold back my tears. This was the man that was ruining Percy's name, his legacy.

"Pretended to be Percy Jackson?" He asked, sounding surprised.

"People have said that they saw Percy, that they saw him fight for the Titans. I know he would never do that. It had to be a Titan that was taking his image," I explained to him.

"I have never pretended to be Percy Jackson, Hero of Olympus. I hate Olympus and Percy Jackson."

"Prove it then, take off your mask," I dared him.

"And why do I have to prove myself to you?"

"As soon as my friends realize I left they will come looking for me, and you don't want my friends coming after you, or Chaos himself. Tell me who you are, convince me you didn't impersonate Percy, then I will leave and they won't find you," I tried to bargain.

I needed to see under that mask, I needed to know who he was. Who was the mysterious man who knew who I was and why did his voice sound familiar?

"If I show you who I am, you cannot tell anyone, you must leave me alone and never try to find me again, understand?" He asked.

I nodded my head and watched as the Man in Gold took off his mask.