Chapter 12

Harumi's POV

"Oh my gosh," Lloyd gasps when he picks me up. It's 11:30 at night, and he's picking me up for our heist. My parents don't really care where I go, so I was able to leave the house easily.

"What is it?" I ask, concerned.

"You're wearing something that isn't skin tight," he says in shock. I roll my eyes before I buckle my seatbelt.

"This is all I had that was black with a hood," I explain, looking down at my outfit. I have on a black, loose sweatshirt with leggings. "This is actually Kai's sweatshirt. Wait, It might actually be Cole's though, since I randomly grabbed it from Kai's house, and Cole leaves his stuff there all the time. Plus, Kai doesn't wear black."

"Kai wears red. Cole wears black. Chamille wears purple. You wear green. Do you guys assign yourselves colors or something? Because I swear you all just dress in monochrome," Lloyd pulls out of my driveway, setting his GPS for a location 30 minutes away.

"That's ironic coming from you, considering you wear green every day. Anyways, I know you don't like Kai, but if you guys actually talked I think you'd be friends," I inform him. He raises an eyebrow at me.

"Kai and me? I can't see that," he admits, turning to face the road again.

"You'd be shocked. He's a sweet guy."

"He's a bit full of himself."

"He is a biiiit arrogant, but he's also caring. Once he cares about you, he won't stop," I sigh.

"Okay, so you know how when you first joined, you asked me all these super stereotypical questions about gangs and stuff?" he runs a hand through his hair as we merge into the freeway.

"Yeah?"

"I'm going to ask one. Do you all drink and do drugs, or is that just some of you guys?" he wonders.

"Well, we all drink, but to my knowledge Cole is the only one that does drugs. His cousin who is in college got him into it. I hate his cousin."

"Why?"

"Well, he got Cole into drugs, which Kai really doesn't like. Plus, it was one of his cousins friends who, in conjunction with Cole, ruined Nya," I explain.

"Conjunction? Dang Harumi, I thought you were bad at English," he jokes, a small laugh escaping from his lips.

"Whoops. There's a difference between being bad and not trying. I just don't try."

He looks off into the distance. "I remember when word got around of what happened to Nya. I felt so bad for her. It didn't help that her friends turned their backs on her and supported the guy who hurt her instead."

"She turned her back on us first. She decided to leave the group. We just returned the favor," I shrug, a tinge of guilt finding its way into my voice.

"Sometime it's easier to let things go. Feelings fade; grudges lessen. It's natural. Holding onto Nya leaving the group for over two years is not natural. You need to be consciously perpetuating your feelings for that," Lloyd gives me his wise words of wisdom as usual.

"Where are we going?" I ask him in an attempt to change the subject.

"A lake house. Since it's the fall now, no one is there. It's off in the middle of nowhere also. I've scouted it out the past two weeks and no one has even came close."

"Perfect."

---

"Do you have a key?" I ask him as we wait in the car. Lloyd was just explaining to me how to spot security cameras and how to hide in their blind spots, but I'm still confused on the entrance.