The Promise

"Daddy... " eight year Mona Elara Mayfield knocked hesitantly at her father's study.  She doesn't want to disturb her father but she must.  She wants him to sign a waiver for the school camp to the Northern woods that will be on Friday until Sunday.  She placed her head on the door to hear what's going on.  It has become her habit actually.  But this time,  she shouldn't have.  She heard her fathers laughter and another high-pitched giggles. It has gone quiet for awhile. Mona knows that she shouldn't disturb him now,  for sure she'll receive a beating if she did.  Apparently, her father is having a good time with another slut. 

But even if he signed the waiver or not,  his father doesn't care on whatever she will do anyway.  Her father cannot stand her presence and she don't know why. But she actually has an idea,  based on what she hears from the murmurs of their neighbors and what the other kids are calling and teasing her. Their accusing looks that makes her cower in a corner.  Her father has not said a word about her mother's death but she knew, he is blaming her for it. 

On the other side of the door,  Bill was having a good time with her new girl Brenda.  She's just 27 and an experienced whore. His new girl Brenda is definitely a bombshell.  Sexy,  alluring,  young. But he just can't push it through for a face she wont dare forget keeps forming in the back of his mind,  smiling back at him. Brenda was pressing kisses onto him and he pushed her away, he saw defiance painted across her pretty face.

"Shit!" Bill cussed under his lungs.
"Bill, honey,  What's wrong?" Brenda asked.   "Come on... " she coaxed him and reached for his arm but he yanked it off. 
"Get out!" he forcefully said.
"What the heck Bill?!?" she protested
"Get your ass out of here!!! " he exploded.  Brenda whimpered,  fixed her clothes and reached for the door. 
"I don't want to see you again!" he said with finality. Brenda looked back as she glared at him. 
"Just so you know Bill?  You are an asshole!" she spat at him and closed the door  with a thud.

Bill paced back and forth in the room, his hand unconciously combing his hair.  He grabbed the bottle of vodka and gulped it down.

"I'm sorry Claire.  I'm so sorry.... " he said while looking at her portrait on the wall.  Claire was beyond beautiful.  She had long dark brown curls.  Her green eyes were full of life and mirth, her lips were red and Bill knew that he misses her more than ever. 

"I miss you,  my darling. So,  so, so much. " he pressed his hand towards his eyes to stop the tears that were trying to escape.  A knock on the door brought him back to his senses. 

"Daddy,  can I come in? " said the little voice. It opened slightly and Mona sticks her head in.  She looks apprehensive at him.

"What do you want?" he said coldly.
"I-I just want you to sign this..." she held a paper to him, her hand trembling. He grabbed the paper and read it. 
"Camp? Three days?" he said. She tensed up.  Looking more afraid. 
He opened a drawer and rummaged for a pen and signed it without second thoughts.  He pushed the paper to her and looked at her intently.  The little girl can't hold his gaze.
"Th-thank you, Daddy... " she stammered and took the waiver. She was about to leave when he said sternly.
"And Mona, don't cause any trouble again. You know what will happen if you do."
She nods her little head and left as swiftly as she can.  He can't stand her presence.  It brings back the pain that he shut out in the deepest parts of his heart. Whenever she's there,  he can't stop himself from hating Mona. He still remembers that day.  Very clearly.  

A week after Claire gave birth to their daughter,  she got very sick. An uncurable and unknown sickness struck her.  Giving her chills every night and a fever that never goes below 38. She tried to hold on for as long as she could but it weakened her defenses.  But even if she was terribly ill,  she would want to hold her daughter. She would spend hours and hours looking at her and crying because she cant stay with her for so long. 

"Just kill the child." Luna Miranda whispered to him.  "That's the only way Claire will be saved." The Luna came in for a visit and sheaid this to him one day. They were in the far corner  of Mona's room,  Claire is sitting beside the baby crib.

But Claire overheard their conversation. She suddenly looked mad and furious.

"Over my dead body! No one will touch my child!!! " Claire screamed at them. Both of them looked at her and fury covers her face.  " Why do you want to kill my child? And Bill,  don't tell me you will consent with her absurd plan!" Claire said angrily,  now shaking. 

"She's cursed Claire.  She'll cause your death and misfortunes will befall to the pack!  We must take her!!!"  Luna Miranda said at her even fiercer. Reminding Claire who she's talking to.
She is the Luna and her decisions equates to that of the Alpha.  If it emdangers the pack,  then she has to take action. 

"No!!!!" Claire shouted and then she shifted.  Her wolf Alena came in and attacked Miranda.  The Luna on the other hand was caught off guard, she stumbled back.  Bill immediately grabbed his wife with all his force. But she just tossed him aside. Miranda shifted as well and they struggled with one another. It was havoc.  The baby cried like crazy while the two women fought with each other. The door swung open and the Alpha came in.  Obviously was not happy to see the commotion. 

"STOP THIS NONSENSE INSTANTLY!!!" The Alpha's voice thunders in the room.  Both women stops from attacking each other and went to the sides.  Alena,  Claire's wolf went to the baby to protect her. 

"You are not going to touch my baby!  None of you!" she threatened

"Calm down Claire.  We are not going to take her nor kill her."  the Alpha voiced. Claire is not dumbed.  She knows the moment she lowers her guard,  they'll take her precious baby.

"I will curse all of you and ten of your generations if anyone will touch my baby!!!" she continued angrily.

"No one will take her!  Calm down Claire." it was Bill,  coaxing his wife. Claire just looks at them angrily. Hating them for trying to take her child. For accusing her of curses they never knew if real. 

"Claire,  I swear.  No one will harm your child.  She is one of the daughters of the pack.  She is worthy of protection. Don't worry. " William said calmly,  winning Claire's trust.  He walks slowly towards the baby's crib, measuring his every step.  He knows that one wrong move can make things or break otherwise.  Claire is wary,  growling,  threatening.  He reaches the crib and touches the baby's hand.  Claire growles louder but the Alpha remains calm and recited the words that changed Claire's defiance into trust. 

"I, William Jones,  Alpha of the Black Moon Pack,  swear in front of you Claire Mayfield to protect Mona Elara Mayfield, your daughter,  for the rest of my life and my sons after me.  No one will harm her under my watch.  No one will try to kill her.  No one will touch her! She will be safe as long as my bloodline is alive." said Alpha William with all his will.   Now, an Alpha's words cannot be broken.  He was already bonded to Mona the moment he spoke his promise.  He then exhales.
"Now,  Claire,  calm down." he said kindly.  In a tone not that of an Alpha but that of a friend

Only after hearing the Alpha's words, Claire calms down and transforms back to her body.  She fell in her husband's arms wearily. Bill covers her naked body with a blanket. Miranda just glared at her. She stood up with all her strength and walked towards the Alpha.  She reaches for his hand and cupped them with both of her hands.

"I,  Claire Mayfield, accepts this promise. This is an unbreakable vow and even death will not undo it." She took her husband's hand and placed it on top of their hands.

"You, William Jones, Alpha of the Black Moon pack and his son and son's sons after him, together with my husband, Bill Mayfield,  solemnly swear to  protect my daughter Mona Elara Mayfield with all their life and the next." she chanted. A silvery thread started to move from the tips of her fingers and moved gingerly to William and Bill's hand,  tying them together in a knot.  "Breaking the vow will mean death to both of you and your bloodline.  This is our unbreakable vow." she finished.

"Stop this madness!" Miranda shouted. William's other hand stopped her on her steps. 

"This is our unbreakable vow." Both men finished the chant. Claire smiles peacefully.  The kind of smile you give when you are both happy and content. Claire is leaning on her husband,  looking down at their child,  now peacefully asleep.  Bill knew she won't stay long as he feels her weight grew heavier.  She looks up at the alpha and whispers her thanks, then she closed her eyes for sleep. 

Later that day,  Claire died while holding her precious baby in her arms.