The Moon Rises

"NOOOOOO!!!!!" Mona cried as the rogue snapped Josephine's neck and tossed her aside. Her neck bursting with very red blood and a large chunk of flesh gone she can see Josephine's bloody throat.  The rogue laughed rabidly for his successful kill. 
Mona is filled with a different kind of fury and grief and resentment. She felt herself burning within,  her bones cracking.  She fell on all fours,  panting,  unbearable pain all over her body. One last time she looked at the rogue still laughing maniacally.
"You'll pay for this!! You'll PAAAAYYYY!!!" Mona furiously screamed.
"Let's make them pay..." said a voice in her head. With that spoken,  Mona shifted into a magnificient, slender, snow-white wolf, its purple eyes mad with fury, everyone in the vicinity was awestruck.  It moved swiftly that  even their wolf eyes wasn't  able to follow its every movement.  There is a swift wind passing through tearing and ripping limb after limb after limb.  Every rogue in sight was either torn or ripped and blood seemed to suspend in the air. It was a horrific sight. After all the attackers were dead,  it left out a spine-tingling howl with the bright moon in her background. 

Then it walked gingerly to Josephine's side, it nudged the dying Josephine with it's slender snout.  Josephine's grey eyes was transfixed to the beast's purple eyes beside her, choking blood on her mouth. In an instant,  everything went still and it seems that they are the only ones around.  They are transported in a place where  flowers were in full bloom, butterflies flutter here and there and the breeze was sweet and calming. They are back in their  bodies but they are glowing with pale yellow light. The setting sun was behind them. Josephine's back and her wolf Lou is facing the setting sun.

"Grann!!" Mona called. Josephine faced her and opened her arms. Mona instantly run for it. Josephine patted Mona's head.
"Mona,  I have to go..." she said lightly.
"No...no... no,  Granny,  don't go, please. Don't leave me alone..." Mona cried.
"You are magneficient, Sweetheart.  I told you..." Josephine said in a motherly tone.
"Granny, please... Don't leave me." Mona touched the old woman's face, as if memorizing each part of her. Somehow, Josephine's face looks peaceful and content.  She smiled at Mona and look her in the eyes.
"I'm sorry I have to leave you so soon, Sweetheart.  But from now on,  you'll have to face everyday without me and it's okay.  I will never abandon you for here in your heart,  I will stay." Josephine wiped Mona's tears. 
"Don't cry now.  Remember,  I love you." she cajoled as she removed loose hairs on Mona's face.
"I don't know if I can take it. You're everything that I have, Granny..." Mona is sobbing now. 
"Yes, You will be okay.  You are brave and strong,  you will definitely be okay.  It will be difficult at first, but you'll get by..."
"I can't... " Mona refused at the thought
"But you have to let me go.  I love you sooo much but my journey stops here. It hurts that I'll be leaving you halfway but I have faith in you.  In all the great things that you and you alone can do.  You have to be braver to face the storms, wiser in facing adversities and trust the people who are willing to give their life to you. You are bound for greatness. Remember that... " Josephine hugged her.
"I will miss you so much."
"I will miss you too... I love you."
"I love you too, Granny.  You are the parent I never had."
"Your parents loves you too.  Your mom and dad. Both of them. For now, I want you to promise me to give your Dad a chance." Mona nodded and smiled sadly. "I promise... "

"Josephine,  time to go..." It was Lou,  Josephine's wolf. 
"I love you, Mona. Goodbye..." Josephine gave Mona one last tight hug then let her go. She and her wolf walks towards the sun and then they were gone.

Mona came back to her senses. She looked down and she was holding Josephine in her arms,  the old woman has a peaceful smile on her face.  She broke down crying atop Josephine's body. Troy placed a cloak on her shoulders, gently patting her shoulders. 
"She's gone Troy. Granny's gone..." Mona said amidst her tears and overwhelming sadness.  Troy gives her comforting hug.