The Last Descendant of the Sky

She looked at him with eyes that knows the truth and he smiled at her with sincerity. Mona knows that her world has started to turn towards the light, with Tristan beside her, giving her strength and love, she will make it.

"It has always been you and I am a fool not to know. The moment I saw you in the camp ten years ago, I know I was in trouble but I shrugged it off knowing that maybe I was just another curious fellow because you were different. But I was wrong. I never forgot about you. That night I failed to save you from the rogues always haunts me in my deepest sleep and I won't be able to forgive myself if you died that night..." Tristan said softy, almost whispering, his voice passionate.

"You live in my heart starting that night, and there you stayed until now. I was swayed all through these years because I am a faithful believer of the mate bond. Although deep inside, I wished that it's you - whom the Moon Goddess has made for me. Now it all makes sense. You may not be my mate but we are fated. Before, then and now. Because fate is not the work of any goddess, fate is a choice. And I choose you to be my fated one. And in a thousand lifetimes, it's you whom I will choose and if this life is not for us, I'll wait for you. I'll find you. Over and over again..." Tristan continued, letting his emotions flow like a river in a parched land, Mona drinking it all in. It feels so warm and joyful, this moment when Tristan recognizes his true feelings for her. So, this is how it feels to be loved back by the person who means a lot to you. Definitely, Mona can't have enough of it.

The beast has stopped moving. As if drained with energy or in zen mode, the spectators don't know what is going on its mind. Meanwhile, Tristan's body seems to be asleep too, near the beast's foreleg.

"Get my son out there!" William commanded. Few warriors immediately nodded and was about to collect Tristan.

"No, leave him be!" a forceful deep voice stopped the warriors on their way.

"He penetrated the beast's heart. Removing him will distract the connection. And if he lost it, we will lose this battle too." the Great Elder spoke behind William hoarsely, two younger pack members assists him. Willian recognizes them as Finn and Jake, the great great grand children of the Great Elder, who are both in their late adolescence. The High Elder is a very old man with a very long frizzy white beard that runs to his chest, just like those of common wizards in films; sagging wrinkly skin, ill-fitted in his thin frame, it seems to be not his skin at all, and his blue eyes now white from cataract.

"Let their souls speak. It is the only way to communicate to her because spoken words has no meaning for her now. We need words that can transcend through what the mind can comprehend , one that reaches the soul and the very core of the heart. Only the Young Master can do that. Because he is the yang to her yin. That is what they are. Connected since birth, complementing each other, and fated through time..." the Great Elder spoke amidst heavy breathing. In his age that is almost two centuries, little movements and even speaking tires him. Nonetheless, he managed to explain the situation they have.

"What should we do then Elder?" William asked the Elder, he seems to have lost his thinking faculties.

"We wait..." the Great elder said and nudged his great grandsons to assist him to a seat. His little venture did tire him.

"Let's go home, Mona. I still have to marry you. Let's begin our together now..." Tristan said smiling as he kisses her forehead. Mona nodded, smiling back at him. He took her hand to his and they opened the door so to leave the room.

Suddenly ,the beast stood up and growled loudly. Then, it grunted and yelped as if being attacked by an unknown force. Something is wrong with the beast. The warriors around stand on guard.

"What is happening now?" William asked worriedly.

"This is the final battle. A battle within. Let' s hope that she wins..." The Great Elder said, brooding.