Into the Night

Each team were assigned a cabin to stay for the entire camping trip. Theirs was a quaint little log house. The interiors were warm and cozy,  Mona just wanna sit near the fire and open her books.  But it just impossible. Her groupmates immediately occupied the room and are already playing tag.  She's not excited with her team at all for she happens to belong to a group of meanies.
Myrtle and Paula proves to be bad girls,  paired with Bruno Horn and Burris Long already bullying the other pups.  Now she's sure that she will be in trouble. 

"Oi!  Who do we got here?" Burris' mocking voice echoed in the room. 
"It's little Miss Silver rat, eh?" he approached her and brusquely dragged her in the center of the room.  She dropped her bag in the process.  That's what they call her,  a  rat because she's nothing but a toy for the other pups.  Easy to pick on whenever any of them got bored. To them wolves, rats are not even edible,  they are disgusting and dirty it causes disease.  And that's her for them. 

"Look here!  Look at that cursed hair!!! Still trying hard to belong in this pack with those dirty brown strands??" Paula laughed heartily and pulled Mona's hair back so that Mona can see each of their sneering faces. 
"Say something, freak! Say something!!" pulling it even harder.  A tear is forming at the corner of her eye.
"Oh,  no,  little Miss Silver rat is starting to cry... What a crybaby!!!" Myrtle teased , the others followed suit chanting crybaby.
"Don't you have anything to say little rat??" Paula sneered. 

"Well, I say you stop or I'll send you home at this instant." Tristan Jones said as he came walking in. His authoritative voice is enough to froze Paula in her spot.  She jerked her hand off Mona's hair.  The latter's braid was now a mess.  The other pups moved back as if cornered. 

"Rule number 1. No one is to hurt or harm anyone during this camp.  This camp aims to promote camaraderie and friendship and what do you think are you doing?" Tristan continued pacing back and forth the common room.  The culprits just bowed their heads lower,  no one dares to return the piercing gaze of the next alpha in line.  He continued reciting all the rules they have to adhere.
"Girls' room is on the left,  the boys' at the right. Settle your things in your quarters and be back after a minute.  Lunch is ready in the mess hall." As he said it,  he stopped in front of Mona's bag.  He stooped and picked it,  then he slowly paced towards Mona,  still seated like a lump of rag on the floor.
Mona grabbed her bag without looking at Tristan.  He's just doing his duty as the Troop Leader.  She must not assume more than that.  All the pups hurriedly picked their bags and went to their respective quarters.  After a minute, they are back and are falling in line. They started walking out towards the Mess Hall while she stood rooted on the spot.
"Why are you not moving, Mayfield?" Tristan inquired. "Have you not heard? To the Mess Hall now..." he ordered. 
"Sorry Troup Leader,  but I want to go to the comfort room. My stomach is unwell..." she lied. She just wanted to be alone. 
"We can have you checked by the Camp's Nurse if your stomach hurts." he replied,  a hint of worry in his voice.
"No, thank you.  Granny packed me medicine if something like this happens." For the first time,  she looked at him,  directly in his eyes. He looked away instantly.  Really,  no one can stand her even Tristan. 
"Okay but meet us at 4 o'clock in the Camp's Square for the first task." he finally said then walked out. 

At last,  she have some peace. She went into the Girl's room .  Inside were two double decker beds with white and green checkered covers and a small cot beside the window. All of their bags were on the beds. Of course, she'll take the cot.  She placed her bag there.  She carefully took her lunch box and placed it on her deerskin sling bag together with her sketchpad and colored pencils.  She may as well explore for a while. She has plenty of time, the first task is not until 4 o'clock.  She went out and once she was sure that the coast is clear,  she sped to the woods.