Through her Memories

It was getting dark again.  The battle has been going on for twenty-four hours now and the warriors are  exhausted.  The best warriors among the packs were already tired and  wounded.  The beast is unstoppable and it has immeasurable strength. The Alphas themselves had engaged in the fight and even their incredible fighting skills are no match to that of the beast. This is expected to a celestial beast, only that,  it's power is too overwhelming. Now that the weapons were exhausted and the moon powder gone,  they were solely relying in their strength and battle prowess.  But the pack is also a formidable foe,  as stubborn and vicious,  they are also united. Team work may be their ultimate weapon against their celestial opponent. Good thing that the news about the beast has spread, more reinforcements has arrived bringing with them more firearms, weapons and manpower.

The Grand Alpha has decided to chunk the moon stone in half which made the Black Moon Great Elder angry as it is a defilement to the Moon Goddess' gift to their kind.  But having no more options,  he just consented but it went through a series of arguments before he finally was convinced.  They will have to deal with the consequences later. 

Not a single building was left in the town.  Houses,  buildings, establishments were all blown to pieces as if a bomb was dropped on it.  The children, old and disabled, including the wounded has to be evacuated in the nearest town of the Golden Moon pack.  The town is now a battlefield. The ground zero of chaos. 

Bill having been injured by the beast's attacks never stopped  from trying to talk to his daughter.  Something is manipulating her and the must help her. No matter how many times he was whacked,  thrown, and torched by its fireballs,  he will never give up.  He will continue to reach for her. Bill now realizes those times when Mona was just a child who was trying to reach out to him, please him with her little achievements in school,  and the way her eyes speaks affection for him only to be takenfor granted.  Those times when he beats her for being the child who took his wife away,  the child he neglected for sins she had no idea of and for being a reminder of the vow he broke the moment Claire died.  This must be how Mona felt during those times. To be ignored no matter how many times you reach out for that one person. To be unnoticed no matter how much effort you give. To be unheard even if you are running out of voice calling for them. Indeed, the feeling is not funny. Now, he understands how it felt. Bill felt warm tears gushing in his face,  bitter and angry tears for himself. 

"Mona! Wake up! Please.... " Bill begged crying,  hugging the beast's gigantic leg.  It stomped  and stomped until Bill has lost his grip, he fell flat on the ground.  With it's giant paw, it crushed Bill, forcing the life out of him.

William saw Bill in the brink of death,  being crushed by the beast's giant paw as if a bug.  He saw a fallen spear,  still emitting a pinkish glow, bathe in moon stone powder.  He took it and pierced through the beast's leg, it let out a scream, releasing Bill who was now as limp as wilted eggplant,  blood dripping from his mouth,  eyes wide open and dazed.  Tristan helped him to move Bill away and give him away to the medical team. 

William is terrified, the hard truth sinking in.  Now that Bill is spent,  who else can stop the beast?? 

The wolves exhibit their agility, agitating the beast because it can't seize them. Firearms are shot to the beast , slowing its movements.

"Don't let them frighten you, sweetie. You have the upper hand now,  you have power beyond imagination and none of these weaklings can match you. This time, they will bow at you. They will recognize your power and they must accept their defeat!" Claire nudged her again.

"You are not a beast. You are one of us. Remember what you are!" a voice amplified in Mona's head. A voice she had known all her life, and she the one she had been missing.