The Tale of the Moon

A long time ago,  the moon goddess got tired of staying in her moon castle in the skies, guarding the world at night. So she decided to come down to the earth in the form of a maiden. together with her spirit animal - the wolf. The moon maiden lived in the realm of the mortal men contentedly and happily.  Not long, a valiant man pursued the maiden and she fell in love with him. She gave him bounties imaginable and the purest of all love.  The maiden and the man were happy.  But not for long,  the mortal man, as human nature,  frail and easily corrupted,  turned greedy and uncontented upon knowing that his lady was not an ordinary woman.  He asked for more wealth, demanded power and immortality.  The maiden refused his demands and with his dagger,  he plunged it down to the maiden's heart. The maiden died,  and her spirit animal howled to the moon.  The moon goddess resurrected herself from the maiden's body and was furious of her lover's betrayal.  She commanded her wolf to attack her man. The wolf complied and bit the man and with the moon goddess' curse, the man will turn to a beast every time the moon rises at its peak.  Henceforth and forevermore,  he became the very first werewolf. The Moon Goddess ascended to her castle in the skies and returned to guard the night skies.  Upon her return,  the Sun God seized the opportunity as he proclaimed his love for the Moon Goddess,  emphasizing that a mortal was never fitting to the likes of them.  The Moon Goddess agreed and they got married and took their dominion in the skies.

But the Moon Goddess' heart remained down on the Earth. Amidst the betrayal,  she still longed for the mortal man, who was now a beast.  She will always looked down on Earth to see him and everyday  she will see demise, savagery and death from the werewolves.  They killed each other as they claim territories.  Brutally slayed the innocent and turned as many mortal beings into their kind.

One night,  when the moon was asleep,  the man whom the goddess loved,  prayed fervently to her, begging for forgiveness.  The life of the beast was a torture to him,  he wanted to die but cannot for with the beast came longevity. The Moon Goddess having the kindest heart and the purest love in all beings, with the remaining love in her heart, once more pitied the man. She sent him a gift.  The Moon Stone. 

The Moon Stone will keep their kind tamed. This will give them power  to shift into their werewolf form even the moon was out.  The moon stone gave them power to control their wolves within them and let their human mind prevail even if they are in their wolf form.  The Moon Stone purified their hearts and unleash the evil within them. From then on,  the werewolves were tamed and worshipped the Moon Goddess for her mercy and love for them.  The Moon Stone was kept in an ancient willow tree,  deep in the Moon Forest. It stayed on Earth to keep the werewolves tamed and in control of themselves.  Until today,  the wolf howls to the moon to send his song of thanks,  love and regret. Hoping it will reach the Moon Goddess above. Then,  the Earth was once again in peace.

Now,  the Sun God was very jealous of the werewolves,  he sent his spirit animal - the fox - to ravage the earth and have them all killed.  The Moon Goddess stopped the Sun of his plans, in return of her promise to give him a son. Later, the goddess gave birth to a celestial child, their son.  He grew up into a fine young man in their castle in the skies.  Every once in a while,  he will sneak down to Earth and play his tricks among the mortals and the werewolves.  Soon enough,  he fell in love to the most beautiful maiden on Earth,  a werewolf she was.  Upon learning this,  the Sun God threw him to the Earth and strip all of his son's powers. The Moon Goddess was once again heartbroken for the loss of her child.

Down on Earth, the maiden and the celestial man got married and they gave birth to a lovely girl.  The girl grew up to be a beautiful maiden but within her,  the essence of the moon and the sun was contained - the celestial beast,  the fiercest and strongest beast among others - a nine tailed fox. The girl soon came of age and her beast awakened ,  she wasn't able to control it.  It ravaged her pack,  killing everyone including her parents.  It's power was beyond measure and totally devastating. The world became grim and dark. The Moon Goddess came down to the Earth to destroy the beast once and for all,  using the moon stone and her own powers. The moon goddess almost died battling with the beast,  if only her husband- the Sun God - did not help her.  Together,  the celestial beast was overpowered and destroyed. And that was the last time the Moon Goddess set foot on Earth.  Some said, she had exhausted her powers.  Others said, she was imprisoned by the Sun God to stop her from looking down on Earth,  and some said,  she wasted away pining for the loss of her son.  However,  it was also believed that the celestial beast will come in power once more as long as the celestial child's bloodline is alive. As long as the descendants of the moon and the sun roams the earth,  it will live. 

Tristan closed the old dusty book - the Tale of the Moon. He didn't know how he came across this old book in their study, he was just looking for something else yet he found this.  He stood up and think about the old tale.  Since childhood,  this folktale was told to them as a bedtime story, to scare children to sleep. But for Tristan,  he understood it more deeply now.  Whether accurate or not,  he knows that he must be ready, they must be ready in case the celestial beast returns.

And on this night, the celestial beast came back to life.