chapter six

It's been about two weeks since I've danced at the club. Lately, me and Kash been on some groovy shit. After the drug incident we made up like always. I can honestly say for once things are going amazing. As for me and Apple I ain't heard from her. I've been trying to get in touch with her cause honestly I really miss my friend. Since I'm working tonight I was going to push up on her and see what's been up but word is she called in two days ago and said she quit. I thought that was kind of strange and when I called her phone it kept going to voicemail as if it was dead. I wanted to stop by her apartment, but then again maybe she needs her space and is getting her shit together. So I don't know what to do right now. Kash told me to give her time and wait for her to come around but I don't know about that I know my friend and this ain't her. I passed through the club making my way onto the stage looking like a million bucks as always. I had on a lime green g string with a matching bikini top. Miss Mulatto No Panties blasted throughout the club. I bent over and made my ass shake to the beat. I climbed the pole and hung upside down while I undid my top revealing my perky DDs. I lifted up and proceeded to twirl around the pole. "Rich nigga I need me a big tipper" I sung while I came down in a perfect split. I made my ass bounce while still in a perfect split. My area flooded with bills. I grabbed what I could and kept grinding. City Girls Where The Bag At started blasting after. This was my shit so I had to cut up again. "Bad bitch cute face yea you like dat" I rapped while I put my titties in a random guy face. He got excited and smacked a whole stack of ones on my chest. The money flooded my body. I smiled and finished the song then exited the stage. I walked to the back looking like I done hit a lick. It was going on 2:30 am and I'm already two bands in. I walked back out to the front and BOW BOW was all I heard before everything went black.
I woke up in a hospital confused on how I got here. I looked around and made eye contact with a white man in a suit. He informed the nurses that I was woke they gave him a head nod and he started to approach me. As he got closer I noticed he was the police. I tried to lift up and a sharp pain went thru my body. "Ahh" I winced in pain. The cop quickly helped me relax. "Be careful you just took a bullet" he said. I looked shocked. "I got shot" I asked in confusion. "Yes earlier at the club" he said pulling out a note pad. "What happened" I asked. "A fight had broke out and one of the gentlemen pulled out a gun and started shooting he fired two shots and proceeded to chase and shoot down another man" he said. "The second shot fired hit you, we suspect it was accident, just in the wrong place at the wrong time" he added. "Was anyone else hurt" I asked. "Yes the one who was chased down is in critical condition" he said. "I don't want to take up anymore of your time so can you answer a few questions for me" he continued. I nodded my head yes. "What all do you remember before you passed out" he asked. "Nothing just remember hearing the gun shots and after that everything was a blur" I explained. He wrote some notes. "Did anything look suspicious? anyone stand out?" he asked. I shook my head no. "Not that I can remember" I replied. He handed me a card. "If you hear anything else or even remember anything give me a call" he said walking away.
I read the card and the name read Reed. "Nina" I heard a panic voice say. I looked up and it was Kash. "What the fuck happened" he said rushing to me. "I got shot on accident" I said. He had this crazy look upon his face. "You okay" I asked. He seemed as if something had him shook up"Yea I'm straight" He said. "You sure Kash" I said touching his face. He grabbed my hand. I could feel the tension and sweat when he touched me. "I'm good" he said staring me in his eyes. I shook my head. "That's the problem Kash you don't tell me shit" I said getting upset. "Stop talking loud this is not the place; we will talk later" he said taking a seat.

The next day

I got released from the hospital. Kash drove us straight home. We haven't said not one word to each other since just morning. All I ask for is communication and I can't even get that. Every-time I feel like were getting somewhere I'm eating my words. "Nina" Kash said. I ignored him. "NINA" he shouted. I stayed quiet but looked at him. "You got shot in your arm not your ears" he said being smart. I rolled my eyes. "You told me at the hospital we was gone talk about it later; so when later comes I bring it up it's a issue" I said getting smart back. "You mad about some petty shit" he said shaking his head. "Petty? What's petty about it" I said rolling my neck. "I'm just trying to look out and be here for you" I continued to rant. He smacked his lips. "I tell you everything Nina" he said. "No you don't" I said getting emotional. "Why are you crying" he asked in confusion. "Because I'm upset your not giving a fuck about me" I yelled. I know it sounds like I'm being extra, but he will never understand where I'm coming from. "How I don't give a fuck about you? Just because I'm keeping you safe doesn't mean I'm keeping shit from you" he confessed. "You have to understand we are a team if I don't know one thing how can I prevent the next thing from happening" I said. Little does Kash know his problems are mines as well. If I would of known there was drugs in the house a year or two back maybe the shit could of went differently. I would of been more cautious about where we laid our head if he was more open with me about things.
"I understand but baby I promise you have nothing to worry about it's handled" he said shrugging off the issue. The sad part is I tell him every single thing about me, I never leave out details when explaining or expressing anything to Kash. He is my safe haven I trust him with every part in me. "As much as I wanna trust you right now I can't" I said being honest. "But you say it's handled so I'm a let it go" I said ending the conversation.
All I know is the love we have for each other is not equal. The shit he do and the shit I do is never a comparison. I just want us to be on the same page for once and live great.