chapter nine

One month later. . .

After what went down with me and Kash I've been avoiding him since. He tried to reach out but after he seen I wasn't responding, he stopped. I'm just fed up with his bullshit. Kash tried to assure me that she was just a quick fuck, but come on now that's his excuse for every bitch he fucks. Everything he texted me was a lie but I'll sit here and be a liar too if I said I didn't want to give this man another chance. Im hurt but somehow I still care for this man. My love for him is unconditional but my tolerance for him is a wrap. I just want Kash to grow the fuck up, then just maybe we could work it out for the millionth time.
Once my bubble bath was ready I placed my phone on charger while I started my playlist. I was definitely in my feelings because soon as Stickwitu by The Pussycat Dolls came on I immediately started to cry. This song reminded me of what Kash and I used to be. I sung the lyrics while I cried softly. I knew one of these songs was going to trigger the tears just not this one in particular. It brought back so many good memories.This was our song.
After my bath I got myself together because right now I gotta be strong for Apple. If she see's that I'm crying, she automatically going to think the worse. Plus she already said I cry after Kash to much. Don't get me wrong Apple is 100% right I am a cry baby when it comes to Kash. Not Apple nor anyone will honestly understand I'm coming from when it comes down to our love. There's no telling what will happen from here with us but one thing I do know, Kash is the love of my life.
I grabbed my phone and dialed Apple's number. She told me she was going to step out for an hour or so but it's been well over an hour. Apple and I been staying at this Motel 6 for a month now. The little money we get from hustling here and there been helping us get by. "You good" I asked Apple. "Yea I'm coming up now" She said ending the call. Soon as I put my phone down Apple walked through the door with a pizza. "Who dick you suck for this pizza" I said smiling taking a slice. She rolled her eyes playfully. "Bitch you tried but some nigga who was trying to holla" she said flopping down beside me. "I'm tired" she added lying her head on my shoulder. I laid my head on her head. "Me too" I said. "They doing interviews at the bank tomorrow" She said. "You going to go" I asked her. "Yes, we both are" She said looking at me. I shook my head no. "I'm not going" I said. "Why not" she asked in confusion. "Can't get a job I'm not qualified for" I said shrugging my shoulders. "Don't think like that Nina you never know let's just try? Please?" Apple asked. I took a second to think. "The worse thing they can say is no" Apple assured me. "Okay but only for you" I said giving in. She smiled and hugged me. "I'm a take a quick shower then I'm going to bed" She said yawning. "I'm about to crash myself" I said looking at the time. It read 11:25 pm. I got up under the covers and dozed off.

The Next Morning

I woke up to the 7 o'clock alarm Apple had set for us. I lightly shook Apple. "Wake up" I said getting up stretching. "What time is it" She said rubbing her eyes. "7 some now so get up interview at 9" I said walking towards the bathroom. I took a quick pee and brushed my teeth. Once I finished brushing my teeth I started on my hair. "High bun or low bun" I asked Apple. "Low bun" She said finally getting out the bed. I placed a side part in my hair than brushed everything back into a bun. I laid my edges and tied my hair down so I could get started on my makeup. I was going for a soft glam with a nude lip. "You got some lashes my individuals need to be re-done" Apple asked. "I don't know I have on individuals too but you can still check my stripper bag to make sure" I said pointing to it. Once I finished my makeup I got dressed. I had on a black fitted pencil skirt with a white button down. I topped it off with a pair of red bottom pumps Kash bought me for my 19th birthday. "How I look" I asked Apple while I added some accessories. "Very professional" Apple said with a smile. "You too" I said admiring her dress. I had to admit we clean up very nice. We might just get the job. I grabbed my purse and put everything I needed inside. "Ready" Apple asked. "Yea" I said walking behind her. When we arrived at the bank there was a sign in sheet and after we wrote our names down all we had to do was wait for them to call us back. I took a seat beside Apple and filled out the information sheet while I waited patiently for my turn. There were a few people ahead of us so I knew the wait was gone be a minute. An hour or so went by and my name was called. Apple was already being Interviewed. "Nina" the handsome black guy said. I put on a warm smile. "Hi" I said using my professional voice.  "How are you doing today" he asked as he walked me to my seat. I took a seat "I'm doing good thank you for asking" I said handing him my information sheet. He grabbed the sheet and looked me up and down and gave me a grin. "You look like your doing good" He said winking his eye. I gave him a forced smile. Was he hitting on me ? I asked myself. "Let's see here" he said reviewing my information. I could tell by how he looked at the paper I wasn't qualified. I have zero banking experience and no high school diploma. I let out a deep breath and put my head down. "Relax just because you don't necessarily meet the requirements doesn't mean you won't get the job" He said giving me hope. I nodded my head. "Thank you but Im a big girl no need to beat around the bush with me" I said to him. He started to laugh. "See that's the spirit" he said trying to make a joke. I laughed it off but honestly I wanted to get out of here. "You seem smart so I won't bull shit you" he said. "You not skilled for the job or even have the requirements but we might can work something out" he added walking from behind his desk. "And what's that" I asked looking up at him. He walked close to me and placed a hand on my thigh. "Your a smart girl I think you know" He said stroking my leg. I shook my head in disgust. "Stop" I said to him. He ignored my wishes and kept touching all over me. I grabbed his hands. "Stop fucking touching me" I said through clinched teeth.  "Don't sit here and act like the whole city haven't touched your body" he said looking me in my eyes. "I know exactly who you are Nini" he added. "You don't know me not shit about me now excuse me" I said trying to walk past him. He grabbed my arm. "I know enough to know that you used to dance at the whore club before it got shut down" He spat. I snatched away from him and headed towards the door. I was beyond disrespected. "Your no better than me just because you wear a suit doesn't mean your shit don't stink" I spat back. "Your a whore with no education you don't deserve to work here get out my face, your dismissed" he said dismissing me. I rushed out of his office and passed Apple. "Nina" she said chasing behind me. "What happened" she said catching up to me. I started to cry. "What did he say to you Nina" Apple added. "He wanted me to give him sex and when I said no he got disrespectful" I said in between tears. "What the fuck let's go back in there he got you fucked up" Apple said getting mad. "No" I said grabbing her hand. "It's not worth it" I said wiping my tears. "It is worth it Nina you are still human he can't talk to you like that" She said. She was right but I was already embarrassed I just wanted to get away from here. "I'm fine" I said lien to her. I wasn't okay that shit he said hit me hard and the fact he used stripping against me hurt the most. He ain't no better than me. I know for a fact my shoes and purse together cost more than his whole fucking suit. People like him need to be more humble.