chapter twenty

I woke up to an empty room. I looked around and didn't notice my background. "Apple" I yelled lifting up into a massive headache. "Ah" I winced taking the IV out of my arm. "Nina" Diamond said busting through the door. "Girl you scared the fuck out us" Diamond said pulling me into a hug. "Where am I and why the fuck was I hooked up to a IV? Where is Apple and have y'all watched the news" I said asking questions. "Apple went to get us food and keep it down" Diamond said quickly putting his hand over my mouth. "Shh don't be loud my sister friend is outside the door" Diamond whispered. "Okay I'm sorry, but we gotta go"I said. "Well you have to wait until my friend sister says it's okay Nina you had a panic attack and ended up having a seizure" Diamond said. "So you bring me to a bitch who claims to be a nurse, Diamond have you lost your mind?" I said getting loud. "you had a damn seizure Nina, foaming from the mouth type shit. You scared me bitch like what the fuck else was I supposed to do? Take you to the hospital after we just killed someone" Diamond said. I put my hands over face. "Ugh I have a fucking head ache" I said getting to my feet. Diamond grabbed my arm. "Be careful Nina" Diamond said. "I'm good but we gots to go, call Apple" I said getting dressed. "We straight these my bitches Nina calm down" Diamond said trying to calm my nerves. Then there was knock at the door. "Come in" Diamond said and in walked a slim-thick woman with glasses. "Nina this my friend sister that I was telling you about" Diamond looking at me. "Nice to meet you and thank you, but I don't mean to seem rude, but we have to go" I said looking at Diamond. "That's fine I'm glad your okay but you should check into a hospital" She said handing me some pills. "This is for your headache" She added. "Apple outside" Diamond said looking at me. "Thank you Jessica I owe you on this one" Diamond added. We met Apple outside. "Man you scared the hell out of me last night" Apple said pulling off. "I'm sorry I scared y'all that shit freaked me the fuck out" I explained. When Diamond let those shots off I blanked out like I was the one who just took three shots to the chest. "NO" Diamond yelled. Apple about lost control over the wheel Diamond made her jump so hard. "Why the fuck are you yelling" Apple said raising her voice."That pussy ass nigga lived, he's in critical condition" Diamond said sounding upset. "Bitch why are you so upset about that Diamond? You wanna go to jail?" I asked. "You think those pigs give a fuck about another black man dying? He got shot inside of a trap house Nina them people probably thinking it was a "drug deal" gone bad or something" Diamond said defending himself. "They are already criminals the law don't give a fuck and like I already told you it was either him or you a bitch had no other choice" He continued. I mugged Diamond and sat back in my seat with attitude. "He is right tho Nina" Apple said defending Diamond. "I almost lost my shits when you was having a seizure I can't loose my sister" Apple said grabbing my hand. "Exactly Nina, you knew shit like this is liable to go down, its us three against the world you gotta start acting like it" Diamond said giving me a prep talk. "I do act like it and I never said you was wrong I just was scared ass fuck he had the gun pointed at me and when I heard shots I thought I got hit" I said shaking my head. "I love y'all and I'm thankful for you saving my life Diamond, but seeing someone almost loose they life hit different when you causing the violence" I continued. Diamond shook her head. "You right but fuck him he should of died he was beyond disrespectful I don't care if we was robbing their asses his moma should of taught him some fucking manners" Diamond spat. "Besides it's Kash's money anyways he the worker and he getting all defensive about it, he a bitch" Diamond continued to rant. "So what we gone do because I know when he wake up the police gone be asking that man all type of questions" Apple said. "And? They don't know our faces. Kash is the only person who can really do something to us and if Kash suspected it was us he would of made a move by now, this his second spot that done got hit I know he tired of loosening money" Diamond said. I nodded my head, because Diamond was actually making some good points. "But how do we know that Kash doesn't know tho?" Apple said. "Fuck Kash" I said. "Yea fuck that nigga" Diamond said agreeing with me. Apple shook her head and pulled into the parking spot. She cut the engine and turned to us. "We have to be safe at all times now, that nigga lived we have to play everything safe" Apple said. I looked my best-friend in her eyes. She looked nervous. "I need this money, but I can't mess up this go around. My kids need me and I can't help them if I'm locked up in a cell or 6 feet under" Apple explained. "You can get 6 feet under out of the discussion, they can try it if they want to I'm not afraid to pull the trigger, I love my life" Diamond said. "I'm being for real Diamond" Apple said. "I'm being for-real too we got each other and that's all that matters" Diamonds said. "If we gone be taking people shit we gotta have that take a person shit mentality we can't be weak" Diamond added. Apple rolled her eyes. "Bitch this ain't set it off, stop acting like we been jacking shit all our lives, we just started this shit new to us" Apple said. "Bitch we done fucked robbers, killers and drug dealers, ain't none of this shit new we just wearing the shoes now" Diamond said rolling her eyes back at Apple. "Your not getting what I'm saying" Apple said trying to explain. "I understand what your saying but that scary mentality is annoying me, y'all bitches wanted to do this and now this shit is done y'all trying to back out" Diamond said getting an attitude. "Who said we was backing out" I said turning to look at Diamond. "I'm just saying that's how sus talking" Diamond said. "Girl? Me talking about my kids is me being scared? I'm just saying if we gone do this we can't be fucking up like we did back there" Apple said. I nodded my head. "Exactly" I said rolling my eyes at Diamond. "Anyways, we still taking shit or what?" Diamond asked. "I'm still down" I said looking at Apple. "You down?" I asked her. She slowly nodded her head. "Good now that we're all on board what's the next spot" Diamond said with a grin.