chapter eighteen

It's been about a week and a half since I've spoken to Justus. He's been calling and texting me non-stop. "Ugh stop calling me" I said declining the 10th call. "Just block him" Diamond said. "I did so he's calling me from another number now" I said. "Whew chile" He said laughing. I shook my head and turned my phone off. "Where is Apple?" I asked. "She went to see the babies" Diamond said rolling a backwood. "How long she been gone?" I asked. "Prolly and hour or two, she should be on her way back soon" Diamond said shrugging her shoulders. Once Diamond got done rolling the wood we faced it. Soon as we got done Apple busted through the door. "I hate that bitch" She yelled slamming her purse across the room. "What happened" I said getting up from my seat. She put her hands over her face. "I just want to see my kids more and she making it hard on me" She said trying to hold back her tears. I pulled my friend into a hug. "It's gone be okay, we're going to get them back Apple" I said trying to comfort her. She wrapped her arms around me and begun to cry on my shoulder. "She always putting me down like I'm not already hurting man" She said in tears. "I'm trying my best for them" She continued. "Cousin please don't cry" Diamond said walking over putting her hand on her back. "I'm trying not too but y'all don't know my pain, without my kids in my life I literally have nothing and lord knows I'm trying my hardest but in their eyes Im letting them down ya know" She said to Diamond crying harder. "We gone get my god babies back, I promise you best-friend" I said looking her in her watery eyes. She nodded her head wiping her tears. "I found a lawyer to take my case" She said. "That's good news" I said trying to give her a warm smile. "Kinda" She said. "Why kinda?" Diamond asked. "I need 95,000$ in all but she wants 50,000$ upfront before she takes the case" She said. "And you have that" I said reminding her. She shook her head no. "All of it is gone except 12,000" She confessed. My mouth flung open. "How did you run through over 100,000$ less than a month Apple" I said getting loud. "I had loans on loans and bills on bills to pay Nina life ain't free and it's definitely not cheap" She said defending herself. "Fine, ill pay for the lawyer" I said. Lord knows thats all the money I have to my name, but I'll do anything for Apple she's like a sister to me and I love her kids like their my own. She shook her head no. "Not this time Nina you need that money" Apple said. "Then I'll pay for the lawyer" Diamond butted in. Apple shook her head no again. "You been wanting this sex change forever Diamond keep your money" She said. "Let us help you Apple we are sisters and that's what sisters are for" I said. She continued to shake her head no. "Y'all do so much for me" She said taking a seat on the couch. "And you do so much for us" Diamond said taking a seat beside her. I sat on the other side of her. "We love you and them babies, they need their mother" I said. "Are y'all sure" Apple said looking back and forth between us. I nodded my head yes and so did Diamond. "Thank you guys" Apple said wrapping her arms around each of our necks and pulling us into a warm hug. "Okay bitch your strong ass is choking me" Diamond said making us laugh. "Fuck you" Apple playfully said. "Roll another blunt" I said to Diamond. He jumped up. "You ain't gotta tell me twice, all that sensitive shit blew my high" Diamond said laughing. "Whatever hoe" I said flipping him off. He stuck his tongue out at me and begun to roll up. I grabbed my phone and turned it back on. "I'm a play some music" I said standing up walking to the radio. "I'm a get some shot glasses" Apple said getting up and walking towards the kitchen. I plugged the aux cord up to my phone and played Cash Only by Blac Chyna. "I don't know what I'll do without y'all for real" Apple said pouring us shots. "And that's a fact" Diamond said lighting the wood. Apple smiled and took her shot to the head. I danced to the music and took my shot to head as well. "Cheers" Diamond said taking his shot to the head also. "So Nina what we on tonight?" Apple asked. "I'm on whatever" I said. "I'm talking about the next spot on the come up" She said. I walked to the radio and turned it down. "Y'all trying to hit the spot on the east? Tonight?" I asked. "Yeah Nina after we pay this lawyer we gone need the money sus" She said pouring another shot. "We can't just run up in that trap like we did the one by the salon" I said. "And why we can't" Dimond said. "Because thats the main one, it be so many muh-fuckas in there and they be strapped plus the cameras" I said shaking my head. "Damn, so how we going to get in that bitch?" Diamond asked. "I mean we could go through the basement, but" I said taking a pause. "But what" Apple said. "I know the basement door would be locked" I continued. "I'll unlock it" Apple said. "And how the fuck would you do that?" Diamond asked. "They gone let me in to do so" She said. "Apple you think them niggas not gone know who you are?" I asked. "Duh, thats why I'm a wear some make up and a fucked up wig" Apple said. "I'm listening cause it sounds like your trying to get us killed sweetheart" Diamond said passing the blunt to me. Apple rolled her eyes. "I'm a knock on the door and tell them that I need help because my boyfriend just beat me up and looking for me" She said. "Then if they let you in your going to ask to use the bathroom" I said. "Exactly and I'll make sure the basement door is unlocked so y'all can come on up" Apple continued. I shook my head in agreement.
"Okay bitch you smart" Diamond said grinning. "Thank you, now let's get this fucking bag" Apple said taking another shot.