Five

As the sun rose, so did a certain bright eyed girl as she sprung out of her bed and onto the floor with a grin, catching a certain white-eyed ghost's attention. He watched as she ran around her room, the occasional giggle slipping out of her mouth as she threw a (f/c) tutu, striped tights, and a Spongebob themed t-shirt onto her bed and exited her closet. Making eye-contact with the ghost boy as she approached her bed, (Y/n)'s smile only seemed to widen as she opened her mouth to speak.

"Guess what Nanashi?" she asked,-rhetorically of course-watching said ghost tilt his head in confusion. The girl bounced in place as she brought her arms out in a 'ta-da' fashion and exclaimed,"It's my birthday! I'm turning eight today! Who Hoo!" She then went back to running around her room, cheering as she jumped up and down before coming to a sudden pause. The (h/c) haired girl's (e/c) orbs widened as she gasped, throwing her hands up as she turned back towards her ghost friend. "Ah! I need to go surprise mommy and daddy! They don't know it my birthday yet." she then grabbed her clothes and rushed into her closet to change, leaving Nanashi to his thoughts.

The ghost boy chuckled silently at the now eight year old's antics before he too paused. Birthday? Today? But he didn't have a gift to give you. Hell, he didn't even know what you wanted. As the boy continued to think, his thoughts were interrupted by (Y/n)'s closet door slamming open, -hitting the dent she'd made awhile ago in the wall- and her walking out in the tacky outfit she'd chosen. Nevertheless, she somehow managed to pull it off cutely. Said girl had fast walked her way to her dresser, pulling out various hair-ties, hair clips, brushes, and sprays before whipping her head towards Nanashi with the all too familiar puppy dog eyes she'd make when she wanted something from him.

Mentally groaning, the white haired ghost rolled his eyes playfully, raising a brow at the eight year old and signing, 'What is it this time?' Keeping her pout, (Y/n) looked to her wooden floor and kicked her foot against it as she spoke. "Well, since it is my birthday, I was wondering if you could...maybe, domyhairformeplease." The girl mumbled that last part so fast, Nanashi almost didn't catch it. Fortunately for her, he did.

To anyone else entering the room, it'd look like the bright eyed girl owned a telepathic quirk as they'd watch her (h/c) hair float into various parts as it was sprayed, braided, and tied together with the many rubber bands suspended in the air-but as far as (Y/n) and Nanashi were concerned, it was only them in the room.

As the white haired ghost did his companions hair, his mind seemed to drift off to another place. What were you to him? The question lingered in his mind for a while as he thought of an answer, before being cut off by a sudden yelp. "Ow! Shi that hurt. I think you caught a tangle," the child winced as she brought a small (s/c) hand up to her head, softly rubbing the spot where Nanashi had yanked too hard at as the pale ghost boy signed a quick, 'Sorry' before going back to work at (Y/n)'s hair-this time more gently. A small smile dressed his face at the nickname she'd gave him.

Meanwhile, in another room was the (L/n) parents, wide awake and getting ready for the day as the heard their daughter's footsteps running back and forth in her room. The female of the two chuckled as she heard excited murmuring from behind their door. "She's quite excitable today, isn't she?" Questioned the father as he slipped on a shirt, turning to face his wife with a pearly white smile. (M/n) shook her head with a grin, replying, "Well I'd hope she was. It is a big day for her. After all, eight years old is a 'big girl age'." The woman finger quoted the last part and the parents shared a laugh before heading downstairs to make breakfast.

As Nanashi put the last rubber-band into (Y/n), he flew backwards a few inches to admire his work, before placing a hand on his chin and giving a satisfied nod-and a mental pat on the back. Looking down to the small girl,-who had turned around to face him at some point-he nodded to her, signing, 'Done' and phasing through her bedroom wall, leaving the (h/t) haired girl alone to admire the masterpiece Nanashi had made of her hair. Though, she wasn't alone for long. A second later came a knock at her door as (M/n) peeked in with a closed eyed smile. "Good morning (N/n). I made breakfast for yo- OH!"