Chapter Twenty-Two

It had been a week since the entrance exams. A week more of training for (Y/n) as she waited for her letter from U.A. to come in; Counting the days as they went by. Currently, the teen lay in her backyard, spread eagle in the grass as she watched the clouds go by.

Earlier she, Nanashi, and the twins had been training non-stop since the sun came up—originally it'd just been she and the male; The brothers had been roped into the mix as they'd chosen the wrong time to come pester the duo. The eldest male was ruthless with the kids as they'd been provided no break time, that is up until a few minutes ago. The sun was high in the sky and birds tweeted within the breeze while (Y/n) pointed to a certain cloud.

"Haha, that one looks like a bear, don't 'cha think?" The (h/c) haired medium asked, gaining separate responses from her friends.

"Not really. It looks more like a bird to me," Agape stated. He was back for another brief visit.

"Huh?! No way! That's definitely a banana peel!" Shin disagreed. Sitting up, (Y/n) turned to look at Nanashi, who had been 'leaning against' the fence, watching the four. "What do you think Shi?" She asked his opinion, pointing at the fluffy mass in question. The older male looked up at the sky for a moment before shrugging. 'It looks like a cloud to me,' Nanashi signed, gaining a small giggle from (Y/n).

"Are we even looking at the same cloud?!" Hito asked, throwing a hand up in bewilderment. The group shared a small laugh before the backdoor to (Y/n)'s home opened.

"(Y/n)! Lunch is ready!" (D/n) beckoned the girl inside with a smile. "Yes! I was getting hungry anyway," The teen stated, already getting up from her spot in the grass. "Lucky~! I miss eating," Shin pouted, his red eyes glaring playfully at the 'older' girl. The twins had also begun to get up, waving goodbye to the female. "See ya later (N/n)!" Hito bid with a beam as he and his brother made their way off of the property. Looking around the field, (Y/n) noticed that Agape was no where in sight. He'd probably disappeared the moment the door had opened, leaving both her and Nanashi left.

The girl smiled warmly at him before walking towards the door, silently asking him to follow—which he did.

====

        Hours later, (Y/n) sat in her room. Laying on the floor, the teen kicked her feet absentmindedly as she doodled in a coloring book, humming some random tune. From inside, the window cast an orange-ish hue across her room, signaling how near the sun was to setting.

"Shi, can you pass me the (color) crayon?" (Y/n) didn't look up from the paper as she held her hand out, giving a satisfied hum when she felt the tiny weight of the object. Moving her hand back to the colored paper, (Y/n) resumed in her previous activity. Or at least, she intended to.

The sound of fast paced steps nearing her bedroom caused the teenager to cease in her actions and look to the door expectantly. "(Y/n)! It's here!" The voice of her dad, (D/n), hollered from outside the girl's room. Slamming the door open, the relatives' (e/c) eyes met; One staring with a gaze of curiosity, the other excitement.

"Your exam results are here!"

====

        Huddled around the table sat the (L/n) family—plus Nanashi. The youngest of the four clutched a large brown envelope in her hands, staring at it with pursed lips. (Y/n) hadn't even opened it up yet and she could already feel her heart hammering in her chest. Gritting her teeth, she gripped the paper tighter, hearing it crinkle under her fingers.