Sixteen

"I've been expecting you child."

Turning around, (Y/n) was surprised to see a woman. 'Was she there before?' The girl thought as a bad feeling suddenly overcame her. The teen watched her suspiciously as she was beckoned over by one of the mysterious woman's fingers. Strangely enough, the (h/c) haired girl couldn't find the willpower within herself to turn away and instead walked forward, approaching the round table that the woman sat at.

This lady was pale as paper and had silky blue hair that peaked out from the head piece she wore. Dotting her complexion were what looked like freckles that spanned from underneath her eyes to her exposed shoulders. Though, when (Y/n) squinted, she saw that they were golden and lined together like constellations. She wore bright red lipstick on her smiling lips and stared at the teen with enchanting, lidded orbs. Golden accessories decorated her clothing and body, giving her the appearance of royalty.

"Don't be shy now. Take a seat," The woman called with a charming smile. Her voice was soft and alluring as the teenager continued forward, her companion not far behind her as she plopped into the only other chair that sat across from the woman. Flicking her gaze to the ghost wearily, (Y/n) clutched her toy closer to her chest as she asked, "Do I know you?" A weird smirk dressed the lady's lips as she brought a hand up to stifle silent laughter. "Oh no dear, but I know all about you (Y/n)," She responded, faking a shocked look as (Y/n)'s face morphed into one of caution, and Nanashi's of hostility.

The woman's amused gaze glanced over to the ghost as she flicked her wrist at the two. "How rude of me to not introduce myself. I'm known by many names but you dears can call me Ananke," The fortune teller introduced, provoking two different reactions; A look of weariness from the ghost as he noticed the woman address both of them, and one of confusion from the girl in question.

"Ananke? Like the goddess? That's really cool!" The curious girl exclaimed, tilting her head, bringing a smile to the Ananke's colored lips. "Oh, you flatter me dear. Though, your friend on the other hand doesn't seem to think the same." The pair's eyes widened at her statement, looking to eachother, then back to her in bewilderment. "Friend? You mean Nan-"

"Now, you didn't come here for small talk did you? Let's get to the reading," The blue haired woman cut her off, removing her attention from the two and to the space behind them as she snapped her fingers. Not even a second later, (Y/n) heard approaching footsteps from both sides of her, and soon she had faces to match them.

From her left approached a boy. He had long, pink hair, a slender face, and wore a golden head piece that went around his forehead, where a few decorative pearls were placed, complimenting the jewelry nicely. The boy's rather pale complexion was decorated with weird markings around his forehead, cheeks, and neck. (Y/n) couldn't tell if there were anymore due to the clothes he wore. He held a rather mature aura, but (Y/n) sensed something off as he drew closer. Meeting her eyes, the boy stared blankly at her through his dull, crimson orbs. The girl jumped slightly as he narrowed his eyes, now glaring at her as he frowned. In his hands, he held a table cloth—similar in design to the rest of the tent—and set it down before stepping away, standing still as a statue.

Next, to her right came another person. (Y/n) wasn't sure whether they were also a boy or not due to their rather androgynous appearance, but like the previous boy, (Y/n) assumed they were around her age. The teen also had long hair, but theirs was messier and a dark navy-blue color. Unlike the boy from before, they had a softer face with rather feminine features. The teen carried an aura of fragility with them as he edged closer to the table, an upset look on their face. He carried a shiny crystal ball, which was eventually set down on top of the table-cloth as their doe brown eyes looked to (Y/n). The girl wore a concerned expression as they made eye-contact. The dark haired teen looked to be on the brink of tears as he flinched backwards, quickly going around the table to stand at the pink haired male's side—where they averted their watery eyes to the ground and fidgeted in place.