Twenty-Five

"Excuse me." Having her breath snatched away in the strangers presence, (Y/n) couldn't help but stare in awe. (E/c) irises met hetero-chromatic orbs and the medium had already deemed the boy one of the most attractive people she'd met.

The male towered over (Y/n) with a stoic expression, wearing U.A.'s student uniform much like the other kids in the room. He had short, neatly combed hair that split down the middle into two colors, red and white. As previously stated, the boy had mismatched orbs. One a deep gray and the other turquoise. A rather large burn mark took up the upper half of the left-side of his face; the redness of the scar contrasting from his pale skin. Though, (Y/n) didn't find him any less attractive because of the flaw. In fact, it only added uniqueness to his looks, in her opinion.

It seemed that the female's eyes had lingered too long though, as the unknown male's blank expression had turned to a confused one. Repeating his previous words, he then pointed to the seat next to (Y/n) and asked reluctantly, "Is anyone sitting here?"

Snapping out of her dazed suptor, the medium shook her head rapidly while a light blush dusted her (s/t) cheeks. "N-no. I'm sure it's empty," She responded, watching the boy give a thankful nod and sliding into the seat beside her. (Y/n) ignored the giggles and teasing from her undead companions as she felt her heart speed up in her chest, (e/c) orbs entranced with every move the male made. The medium wanted to ask his name. Greet him even, but she couldn't bring her pursed lips to part—voice caught in her throat.

A moment passed, and any onlookers could tell that the split-eyed boy was clearly bothered by the (h/c) haired girl's stare. His eyebrows had knitted slightly and a small frown fell on his lips while he stared intently at his desk—trying hard to ignore the admiring gaze locked onto his form. Glancing over to her, he immediately looked away once they locked eyes—a sweat-drop rolled down his cheek while his frown deepened. A light blush had darted across his cheeks as well in slight embarrassment. Was there something on his face? Did his scar attract too much attention? Had they met before? Endless questions ran through the teens head before he begrudgingly gathered his courage to confront the girl. Turning his head to face (Y/n), the male's eyes had narrowed into a glare. "...Can you stop staring at me?"

(Y/n) flinched, blinking in surprise as she heard the stranger speak again. Processing that he'd called her out, the medium felt her face heat up one again. "A-ah sorry, um..." The teen trailed off, looking to her desk-mate in a silent request for his name. Though, the teen kept up his glower for another few seconds before letting up.

Averting his eyes away from the strange girl, the dual haired male stated his name in a clear voice. "I'm Shoto Todoroki." (Y/n) felt her heart leap from Shoto's voice as a smile grew on her face, but it didn't hinder her from her own introduction. Placing a hand over her chest, the medium stuttered out, "I-I'm (Y/n) (L/n), ni-nice to meet you! I hope we can become great friends!" Watching her classmate's eyebrows furrow, the medium wondered what was wrong with what she'd said; The mental question was quickly answered as Todoroki opened his mouth to respond.

"I have no intention of making friends here." The teen claimed, his harsh gaze locked onto her form as they held some sort of staring contest. (Y/n)'s cheerful expression faltered for a moment, but fixed itself just as fast as it had fallen. A determined glint shined through her eyes and she huffed. "I'll take that as a challenge then, Todoroki."

The medium's bold statement came as a small shock to the scarred teen, though he didn't let it show while he looked away from her, shrugging slightly. "Do as you please," He retorted nonchalantly, knowing that all her efforts would be in futile attempt.