Twelve

Finally, the end of the semester was near. Just a few weeks till graduation and the 3rd years of Aldera High were moving on to high-school. Many were hyped for summer vacation, while others pondered on what high-school they were moving on to. Though, for the students in class 3-B, that wasn't the case as the mass of the students were sure of the future profession they were chasing after: Pro-heroes.

A lot of teens had already begun training to get into their desired hero school, including Katsuki and (Y/n), who's quirks had improved severely compared to their first year. The two had already turned in their forms for the famous hero school, U.A. to their homeroom teacher, but they weren't the only ones.

The freckled boy Izuku, although quirkless, also had the dream to get into U.A. Had. Nowadays, he's not too sure as he'd watched his friends progress and develop. Getting stronger. Moving on. Without him.

Along with the pressure of trying to get into the top hero school with no quirk, bullying for the boy had gotten a lot worse in his third year. Unfortunately, both (Y/n) and Adelaide had gotten moved to different classes, meaning that Izuku was left alone. With Katsuki. The number of times that he'd come back to class to see his own damaged or destroyed items, or went home with-easily concealable-bruises was concerning.

Steadily, Midoriya's mental health was deteriorating by the day. He only held onto the hope that it'd get better in high-school. Secretly, he hoped that Katsuki wouldn't get in and it'd just be him and (Y/n). But that reality was unlikely as the male, once again, didn't have a quirk. A power. Something that made him strong. Yet the boy could dream, and dream he would as the school year neared it's end. For now though, he'd just have to get through a school day.

Much to his relief, the familiar chiming of the lunch bell had just rung out through the halls, indicating a small moment of peace with a certain medium. Nowadays, she was the only hope he held onto if he wanted to keep his sanity, but lately, to Midoriya, it seems like they've been drifting apart. Not that it was (Y/n)'s fault. If anything, she was the main one trying to keep the bond strong between them, but the rift was growing stronger. Maybe the fact that they were in seperate classes came to play? Nonetheless the two would try to hang out as often as they could with their new schedules.

Walking to his locker, Izuku's mood dimmed further upon noticing that it was already open, the-now broken-lock on the ground and a gigantic burn mark around the metal it was latched on. Crossing his fingers, the freckled male winced as he peered into the locker, his green eyes landing on his packed lunch, or at least what was left of it.

The lunchbox it was in had been torn apart, and inside lay little to no food compared to what his mom, Inko, had made him that morning. Whatever wasn't eaten, had been smushed or crumbled, making a mess of his locker. Thankfully though, none of the food had touched his books and the mess was relatively easy to clean. Though, as he worked to rid of the mess of his locker, Izuku heard quiet snickers from various passerbys. He paid them no mind as he threw it away and headed to the rooftop to meet (Y/n), hunger growing with every step he took.

Silently enjoying her food, (Y/n) enjoyed the peace she had on the rooftop of Aldera as she waited for Midoriya. The girl didn't have to wait long as the familiar sound of the large door opening disturbed the silence.

Peeking her (e/c) eyes open, she smiled brightly at said boy's direction and waved him over to the bench she sat on. "Hey! Zuku!" She called out to him, noticing his sluggish behavior as he walked over. Sitting down, Izuku released a long sigh and leaned forward, resting his face in his hands, earning a worried look from the medium as she placed a hand on his back and rubbing it slightly, not noticing him flinch slightly. But Nanashi did. "Hey, you okay?" (Y/n) asked, observing her hunched over friend with a concerned gaze before she noticed something. "Hm? Where's your lunch?"