Twenty-One

After a long, informative speech describing the rules and necessary information of U.A.'s entrance exam, (Y/n) and the rest of the examinees were sent to get changed and depart to their designated 'battle centers'. Unfortunately for her, the teen wasn't put in a group with any of her friends. Midoriya being eliminated as they attended the same school. Shinso and Daifuku shared center G, and Monoma had been placed in center F. This left her placed in center D—of course with many whines of protests and complaints of unfairness. Unfortunately, it was out of her hands, leaving the teens to say their individual goodbyes and part to their changing rooms.

(Y/n) had chosen a simple (f/c) shirt, athletic shorts, sneakers, and her 'lucky' pair of socks to change into. Tucking her examiner I.D. into the shorts' pockets, the female brought herself to face one of the various mirrors. She slapped her cheeks a few times—turning them a peach color—and whispered a few encouraging chants to herself, gaining a few stares from other girls in the room. "Alright! I got this!" The medium exclaimed before looking over to the exit. Nanashi was waiting on the other side. "We got this," (Y/n) corrected herself. And with one more self-assured grin, the (e/c) eyed teen marched her way out of the changing room—finally noticing that she was the last one there. Or at least she tried.

Just a few steps away from the door, (Y/n) yelped as a hand pulled her back. "Wha—"

"Mistress (Y/n)!"

The only one she'd ever known to address her like that was the navy-blue haired boy himself: Agape. Since the night they'd formally met, (Y/n) scarcely saw the boy during her summer break. And when she did, the visits were brief. However, somehow, the two managed to form some sort of link with eachother; As Agape was surprisingly an affection-craving being—despite the coy-nature he gave off at first glance—and (Y/n) was a very affectionate girl.

After being able to put past the rather awkward first impression they had on eachother, the duo quickly became friends—or at least that's how (Y/n) saw it. Though, despite his sporadic drop-ins, Eros still had yet to show up once. Agape would hastily claim that his pink-haired brother was just shy, but (Y/n) knew better. She noticed how his ring would heat up when Agape got too close. Or when she'd do nice things for him. Or whenever his name came up in the conversation. Luckily it wasn't hot to the point where her skin fried. Just enough to irritate her. And irritate it did.

(Y/n) knew that Eros did not like her.

And for once in her life, she didn't like him either.

"Oh, Agape!" The teen's (e/c) eyes widened in surprise at the sudden appearance. She'd thought to give the traditional male a hug, but stopped short at the heating reminder on her left hand. "What're you doing here? I have an exam in a few minutes."

Agape fiddled with the white fabric he wore, his eyes flickering between the girl in front of him and the floor as he spoke up. "Um-Yeah, I heard. I-it's just-uh," He fumbled over his words while (Y/n) waited patiently. "I-I'm worried." The (h/c) haired medium perked at his confession. Tilting her head in confusion, she asked, "Worried? For what?" As far as she was concerned, if anyone seriously got hurt during the exam, U.A. had paramedics on standby. It's not like she had to sign some crazy waver before she took it. That would be a bit concerning.

"It-it's just, the exam. Um, and Mis—Ananke's prediction." Agape quickly corrected himself. For some reason, he'd stopped referring to the blue haired deity as 'mistress'—passing that title onto (Y/n). It happened a few weeks after their first official meeting. The girl had tried to question him on it a few time's, but would always receive the same answer: A shrug and some incoherent mumbles. It was a bit embarrassing to be honest, but (Y/n)'s constant effort to break this habit was pretty ineffective. "I'm worried about you," Agape admitted, managing to keep eye-contact with the female. (Y/n) kept her confused stance for another few seconds before the dots connected in her head.