chapter five.

your eyes fluttered open, adjusting to the lights in the room. they went straight to kylo's face, who was still awake. "do you ever sleep?" you asked, groaning and stretching. "do i have to go now?"

he shook his head, his fingers running through your hair and sighed contently. "didn't want to rest, and you have about less than an hour. you mumble a lot in your sleep, by the way." he told you, grinning and you realized he still held you close to him.

silence filled the room and eyes were locked, held hostage in the tension. your hand cupped his cheek, leaning in and planted your lips onto his, whimpering. his arm snaked around your waist, pulling you on top of him. he sat up and your arms loosely wrapped around his neck, the kiss being passionate and slow.

his hold on you was always protective and strong, almost like if you were going to leave. he moaned and you giggled, slightly pulling away. this affection felt right. this moment was good and you didn't want it to suddenly wash away.

you stayed on his lap, and he rested his head on your chest, your fingertips running up and down his bare back. "go to sleep, kylo. just for a bit, please." you whispered and he nodded, his lids closing. you watched the most powerful man, being soft and at ease in your arms.

you heard little snores leave him, making you smile and you carefully got off of him, laying him down on the bed. you made sure the blanket comforted him and kept him warm. you put on your leggings and shoes, adjusting your hair. you left a kiss on his forehead, pushing his hair out of his face.

he was relaxed and okay. "see you soon, ky." you mumbled and walked out the hatch door, not caring of the soreness in your legs. the guards eyed you, and you smiled at them. "inform general hux that the commander needs to take today off. one of his wounds need proper healing and time. i stayed around to make sure he would be fine in his sleep." you explained and stormed off, taking yourself to your job.

you thought about last night, each detail making you blush. "good to see you! you have one patient to handle and i'm glad to hear you're still keeping an eye on the commander." doctor miles said, patting your shoulder and went back to his business. another hand touched you, turning around and saw theo.

you didn't forget what kylo told you about him. "hey, i didn't see you at all yesterday." theo said and you shrugged, your lips in a thin line. "busy with the usual sleeping and reading, or staring at the ceiling." you replied, rolling your eyes and grabbing your clipboard.

"woah, woah. are you mad at me?" he asked and you shrugged, once again. "i don't know, theo. do i have a reason to be mad at you? like, how the fuck did you become a nurse before me? want to explain that to me?" you snapped and he didn't know what to say. you scoffed and walked passed him. "whatever, theo. tired of your shit, anyways."

theo grabbed your arm, dragging you to the supply room and locked the door. "i want out of here, bastard! i have a patient to treat!" you pushed him and he got control over you by holding onto your wrists. "stop fighting! why are you so mad at me?" he questioned and you chuckled, wanting to wack him with your clipboard.

"i founded out your little secret." you started off and his eyes widened, his soul leaving his body. "i know you slept with doctor lilian, and they killed her because you couldn't keep it in your pants and were that pathetically desperate! i deserve the nurse position more than you do!" you shouted and he covered your mouth, your teeth reacting and bit his skin. he hissed and removed his hand, glaring at you.

"so what? are you going to tell everyone?" he was getting nervous and scared, panicking. "i don't know. maybe it's what you deserve." you answered and he inhaled sharply, turning around, his hand looking for something.

"i can't let you do that." he mumbled and got hold of a pair of surgical scissors, pressuring it onto your throat. a loud gasp left your mouth and your heart dropped, feeling helpless. your own best friend, would murder you, just because of a secret.

"theo, what the hell is wrong with you? put down the scissors." you calmly said, swallowing thickly and he smiled wickedly, laughing. how could you get help? he could easily slit open your throat. then your mind clicked.

you needed kylo to come save you in this room. you didn't want to die and you were afraid. you needed kylo to do something, because you didn't want to scream or make a noise, which could lead to theo ending your life.

kylo, kylo.. please, you begged inside your mind, it being clear and loud. "i slept with her, i'll admit that. but you don't understand how many times i was put down and told i was never going to make it." he explained and your body was completely frozen. "i don't give a shit if i banged her, i just used her to get this position more quicker."

you saw a monster enter his body and you teared up. you weren't going to be saved. you were going to die.

you closed your eyes, life flashing white in them and your last memories were kylo. those few days you spent together. his warmth and strength, that made your heart flutter.

a loud bang knocked you out of your thinking and your eyes opened, noticing kylo. he was in his commander outfit, mask on and lightsaber activated a raging red. two stormtroopers were behind him and he signaled them to theo.

"no, no! you don't understand!" theo pleaded and the stormtroopers grabbed him, the scissors dropping onto the ground. you tried to understand what happened, in your brain. you heard the loud screaming of a monster, lower down as he was continued to be dragged away.

"what's going to happen to him?" you asked kylo and glanced him, eyebrows raised in concern. "off into space." he simply replied, walking out of the room and you were left there, alone.

doctor miles came up to you and pulled you into a hug. "go back to your quarters, i'll handle the patient. come back when you're ready, please." he insisted and you nodded, getting out of his hug and walked back to your quarters, alone.

your walk turned into a run, tears streaming down your face and your heart was hurting. he was going to get murdered, and you weren't sure if that's what he deserved or not.

you barged through your hatch door, falling down onto your cot and sobbed into your pillow, not able to catch a breath of air. you didn't want to talk to anyone, not even aria. you wanted to cry and cry, question things even more. you brought your blanket over your body, clutching onto it.

the swift opening of your hatch door alarmed your ears and you slightly peeked to see kylo. "leave me alone." you muttered, stuffing your face back into your pillow.

his helmet clicked and hissed, taking it off and placed it on the floor. you could tell he wasn't good at comforting. "don't you have commander duties to handle? aren't those more important?" you questioned, sniffling and faced him. he noticed your bloodshot eyes, that were glossy and full of pain.

"you're important to me, as well." he said and you went silent. what were you suppose to say?

"you heard me."

"loud and clear. you were basically screaming in my head."

you nodded and apologized, wiping away your tears. "come back to my quarters tonight. don't question or refuse, just do so." and with that, he got up, put back on his helmet and was out the door.