Mirio Togata | Saved

[ I was feeling sad and wanted to write about Mirio, so here's the result! Hope you enjoy! ]

Villains were everywhere, and you were surrounded. This was crap. You couldn't take them all at once, and there were no pros around to help you.

"Damnit, I'm reaching my limit" your quirk allowed you to manipulate water from the air and nearby water sources. Luckily, there was a fire hydrant nearby, but you were straining your body too much and were on the verge of collapsing.

Your vision started to blur, but there were still more villains. Your knees were starting to buckle, but you had to hang in there until the pros came. "Where are they," you asked through your teeth as you used the water to move the villains away from you.

But then there was a searing pain in your abdomen. You looked down to see your blouse covered in blood. Damn, that would be hard to wash off. Now you were regretting not copying those heroes who wore their costumes beneath their regular clothes.

Your hands started to shake from controlling the water to soak and attack the villains. There was no end to them. You felt another searing pain, this time on your hip.

"I can't... anymore." Black spots started to appear in your line of sight. "Y/n!" It was Mirio, thank God. He was with Tamaki and Nejire, good they can finish this.

Your body collapsed in the middle of the villains. Luckily, your friends and boyfriend came along with a few pros.

•••

You are now laying in a hospital bed with multiple stitches and machines around you. You really overdid yourself. Your body was now shut down and too tired to move.

Mirio came by a lot and took care of you. He felt bad that he wasn't there to save you in time. Maybe if he had come a lot earlier, you wouldn't be in the hospital.

"Mhmgg," you stirred and opened your eyes, your body achy and numb.

"Y/n!" Mirio smiled and held your tiny hand between his big ones. You looked at him and gave him a smile, "Hello, Lemillion."

"I'm so sorry!"

You dropped your smile, "What? Why are you apologizing? "

You sighed and lifted your other hand to his face, wiping away his tears as he sobbed uncontrollably. He started to babble, apologizing and saying how if he were just a bit earlier, you wouldn't be in the hospital.

"Calm down, it's fine, I'm fine–"

"It isn't!" You fell silent and looked at your crying boyfriend. "Why is my Lemillion crying? I'm fine now, and besides, you came and saved me. "

"I was late!"

"It's better to be late than never coming, right?" Mirio looked up and saw your smile. It was so beautiful. What would he do without you? What would have happened if he lost you and knew that he would never see this smile ever again?

He stood up, confusing you, and hugged you, being careful. You smile and pat his back.

Too bad this was the last time he could do this.

That night, your heart stopped beating. Your body seemed to be unable to heal all the wounds that you've accumulated. Your body gave up even after the numerous healings that were done on you.

You smiled one last time, and a tear rolled down your cheek just before you died. The doctors did everything to revive you, but it was no use; you were gone.

"W-what? N-no! Tha-that can't be, she was fine yesterday! " Mirio had just come to visit you when he saw the doctor talking to your crying parents.

"I'm sorry, but it seemed like her body just gave up. It couldn't handle all the extensive healing. We did everything we could, but we couldn't get her heart beating again. I'm sorry for your loss, " the doctor left, and Mirio crumbled to his knees.

He sat in front of what used to be your room in the hospital; he just sat there on his knees. As if waiting for you to open it and say you were fine, but no, there was no way that would happen.

"Excuse me, sir. You're Mirio Togata, right?" A nurse stood there, and Mirio nodded.

"The patient had left this letter addressed to you. I'm very sorry for your loss. " The nurse gave him a letter and walked away.

He went back to the dorms and sat on his bed with the letter in his hands. On the back of the letter was his hero name, Lemillion, with a little cartoon doodle of himself.

He wanted to cry again but held it in as he opened the letter. It was a short letter.

Hi, my hero!

I know that when you get this letter I might have already ascended. I'm sorry. I'm sorry I couldn't be with you till the end, but can you promise me something, my Lemillion? Promise me that you'll move on from me and continue being a hero. Promise me you will protect the citizens of Japan. Promise me that you'll save a million people. And lastly, promise me that you won't cry over me anymore. Keep smiling and keep up the great work!

I love you very much.

Wave

Wave, that was your hero name that the two of you came up with. His hands shook and his tears started to drip onto the piece of paper. He couldn't promise that he wouldn't cry over you, but he could do the others.

"I promise you, Y/n, I will be a great hero. I love you too. "