Shoto Todoroki | Meeting the Fam

[ ohhh, wonder how Enji will react ]

Shoto was nervous, tonight you were going to meet his family. He was nervous because his father would be there and might say something insulting to you. Actually, you were the one that persuaded Shoto to make you meet his family, aside from his mother who you already met.

"Are you sure about this?" Shoto asked for the 10nth time as the two of you walked to his house. You beamed at him, "Yes! I really wanna meet your family"

"Why? What's so great about them?" He mumbled, you giggle and pinch his cheek. "Well, they raised you"

He stayed silent and the two of you reached his house. You expected it to be a modern house but I guess it made sense that his room was a traditional Japanese styled room cause his house certainly was.

"I'm back!" Shoto called as the two of you entered and went to the dining room where his sister, Fuyumi, was setting dinner.

"Oh, Shoto, welcome home. And this must be your girlfriend" she beamed at you and went to you with an outstretched hand. "Hello, I'm Fuyumi"

"Hi! I'm Y/n" you shook her hand and smiled back. "Aww, she's so cute! Shoto you have to keep her" you laughed as Shoto blushed at his sister's statement. "I intend to"

"Fuyumi! Is dinner—oh, Shoto you're back. Is that your girlfriend?" You smiled at your boyfriend's brother. "Hi! Yes I am, I'm Y/n L/n"

He shook your hand. "I'm Natsuo, wow, I didn't expect my brother to get a girlfriend" he laughed and you laughed along, your boyfriend a blushing mess as his sister giggled.

You helped Fuyumi with setting the table until someone else came into the dining room, you looked back and saw it was your boyfriend's father, Enji Todoroki himself. After everything was set, you all sat down.

"So Y/n, are you also aspiring to be a hero?" Fuyumi asked, "I am but I want to focus more on being a rescue hero"

She nodded and smiled. "Who asked who?" Natsuo asked you snickered at this question. "Actually, we asked each other at the same time"

"It was planned by a few of our classmates" Shoto added. Natsuo laughed, Enji was silent though.

"What's your quirk?" It was silent for a while after the question left Enji's mouth. Shoto visibly irritated, almost breaking the chopsticks. You placed a hand on his and gave him a smile. "Wind Manipulation, sir"

He looked unimpressed. "Shoto, leave her," he said bluntly, your boyfriend snapped, the poor chopsticks were snapped as well. He gave his father a deadly look. "What? Why should I?"

"Because she will only slow you down from becoming a hero and defeating All Might"

Of course, you knew about how Enji raised your boyfriend. But you remained silent, trying your best to calm your boyfriend down before he subconsciously activates his quirk.

"Bastard, just because you can't feel love doesn't mean I don't" he seethed, his father gave him a glare. You sighed and tried to calm your boyfriend down.

Suddenly, your boyfriend was on fire. He really was mad. "Shoto, she is an obstacle that must be dispatched"

"What the hell do you know?!" His flames grew stronger that you were being burned. You saw his father looked amused and also lit his body on fire. Uh oh.

Both Natsuo and Fuyumi didn't know what to do other than make sure nothing got burned, which left you to deal with the father and son.

Shoto stood up and growled at his father. You could see that he was about to attack so you stood up and made a strong wind blow out their flames. The wind was manipulated as you graciously 'danced', the flames were extinguished and the two looked at you.

"Please stop, I know I might not be suited for Shoto in your eyes but do not hurt him. He has endured enough of your bullshit in his life, at least give him this! You made his life a living hell and dictated what he could do, you selfish bastard! Now you won't even give him a small thing like a girlfriend?! It really was a mistake coming here" this was the first time you ever got angry and cursed. Shoto was surprised and Enji still had a blank face.

"Alright, you can keep her" your boyfriend and you looked at each other confused, what the fuck happened?

Dinner continued as if nothing happened and Enji asked you a few questions about your family, school etc.

"What did you do?" Shoto whispered to you. He was referring to his father's change in attitude. You shrug your shoulders and continue answered his father's questions.

Shoto was thinking; you came here, got along with his siblings and even helped with dinner. Then his father insulted you and they almost fought. You blew out the flames, cursed and yelled at his father, now you two were talking as if nothing happened. Okay...?

After dinner, the two of you walked back to the dorms still confused about what had happened during dinner. "That was really weird" you commented, Shoto nodded.

"You swore at him and you're alive, guess you pass his requirements?" You laugh and gave him a hug. "At least you're allowed to keep me!"

Shoto laughed and hugged you back. That was the weirdest meet with the parents ever, now he had to meet yours. Wonder how that would go.