Enji Todoroki | Convincing

[ i hate him but i love him ]

{ fem reader }

As you watch your husband train Shoto, you sigh; he was going a little too far this time. "Enji, that's enough. Shoto's had enough, stop " your husband looked at you and you gave him a stern glare. He left the training room, leaving you with Shoto, who was on the ground panting with a few burn marks on him.

You sat down beside his tired form and started humming. Your quirk enabled you to heal wounds by singing a special song. The burn marks slowly started to heal and he rested his head on your lap. "You okay now, Sho?" He nodded and you stroked his hair.

The boy was only 5 and yet he was being trained so harshly. You felt sympathy for the kid; his mom scorched him, and his dad was harsh on him. His siblings couldn't really do anything. The Todoroki household was cold until you came. It was weird, but you managed to attract Enji's attention.

And now that you were his wife, the kids opened up to you, but Shoto was a bit hesitant at first. "I'm sorry I couldn't convince him."

Shoto shook his head. "It's fine, he was gentler this time," you say as you lead him to his room. You left him sleeping and went to find your husband, who was in the kitchen.

"Enji, what have I told you? Sho's only 5. If you can't stop being harsh, then at least be less harsh on him. He's only a child, " your husband looked at you. "Right, he's a child. That is why he must be trained until he can beat All Might." You sigh and shake your head. He was just as hard-headed as ever.

"Be a little less harsh. Do it for me if not for Sho. It breaks my heart seeing him like that." Your husband didn't say anything and just wrapped his arms around your waist and kissed your neck. He grunted and you giggled.

"You can be such a child sometimes." You laugh and kissed his cheek, but just as you were about to pull away, he kissed you on the lips, and you happily kiss back. "When are you going to give me a child?"

The question caught you off guard and made you blush. This was the first time he ever asked for a child!

"I-Idiot!" You hid your blushing face in his chest. He laughed and kissed your forehead. "I guess I'll wait then."

For the next few days, you saw that Enji was taking it easy with training Shoto. He was less harsh, though you couldn't really tell since Enji had just made small adjustments to Shoto's training regimen, mainly giving him small breaks and weakening his blows a little. Despite this, it made you a bit happy to know he was trying. You smiled as Shoto told you about his training session with his father.

You hummed and patted his head. "Father isn't as harsh as he used to be," Shoto says, resting his head on top of your chest. "That's good then, at least he listened to me this time, " you mumbled the last part and watched as Shoto went back to training.

It seemed that he not only was less harsh on Shoto, but he also gave attention to his other children. It made you happy to see them interacting with their father after so many years of being ignored. They all seemed happy, even Enji.

But he'll be much happier with the news you had.

It was nighttime. You and your husband were in the kitchen drinking tea after a day of fun with the kids. "It seems that the children loved the picnic." You comment, earlier, he had taken the family out on a picnic and the children were delighted.

"Yes, I wanted to give them a break." He sipped his tea and you smiled. You sat down in front of him with a cupcake in hand.

"Here, Fuyumi and I baked it." He took the cupcake and took a bite. "It's delicious."

"There are more in the fridge," It was silent for a while until you broke the silence. "Remember when you asked me for a child?"

He stopped eating the cupcake and gave you his full attention. "Yes, why?"

"Well, you don't have to wait anymore" you smiled and got up to go to your room. Soon, your husband's footsteps echoed in the hallway and lifted you up to twirl you around.

"Yes! I'm going to be a father!" He happily proclaimed, and you laughed, trying to hush him up since the children were asleep.

"What's going on?" You saw Shoto leave his room, rubbing his eye. You got out of your husband's arms and went to the child. "Sorry for waking you, Shoto. Nothing's happening here. You can go back to bed now, " he nodded and you kissed his forehead, he went back to his room.

"Idiot, you woke him up" you gave your husband a playful swat on the shoulder, but he still looked like he didn't care as he still kept a grin. "I'm going to be a father!"

"Yes, yes, now hush, you're going to wake the whole of Japan!" You laughed at him as he looked like a child who had been given their favourite toy.