Toshinori Yagi | Papa!

[ dad might ! ]

Being the daughter of the number one hero, the Symbol of Peace, was an amazing thing. A loving and caring father who tried his best to protect you from all the villains. But the downside was just that, villains. They always target you, now that you have been publicly known as All Might's daughter.

It felt like every week, maybe even every day! You were either captured, drugged, or cornered like you are right now. You were just walking home from school when a bunch of thugs had cornered you in an empty street.

"The daughter of the number one hero, wonder what your daddy would do if you didn't return home?" His voice was annoying and disgusting to your ears. This was bad too since you almost used up all your energy in the training session you had at school.

You stayed quiet and looked at each of the thugs' face, there were about 10 of them.

'Alright, let's do this! Plus Ultra!'

Your quirk was Speed, as said it makes you run fast but at the cost of being dehydrated, guess that was better than being killed. You zoomed past a thug and sucker-punched him, then pivoting and roundhouse kicked another.

They started to come at you and you noticed that there were more! You zoomed past each one, giving them a punch or a kick maybe even both. But one of them had zapped you with electricity, making you stumble on the ground panting. Your throat felt dry and your bag was kicked out of your reach for you to get your water bottle.

"Nice try girly, but you're no match for us" a thug was suddenly behind you and held your arms in place, another one kneeled in front of you as he held a knife to your throat.

'Papa, where are you?! Papa!'

The knife was near and made a cut on your neck before someone had come and punched a hole unto the ground next to you. You smiled as you saw a familiar figure from the smoke.

"You dare to hurt my daughter? You lowly thugs!" Soon he had defeated all of them and was holding you in his arms. "Y/n! I'm sorry I'm late!"

You smiled, too parched to talk and cause your neck was stinging. You pointed to your throat, seems he understood and brought you to a hospital. They fixed you up and gave you some water.

Your dad sat down on the seat beside your bed, he looked so dejected. You reached out and he noticed, he looked up at you but it was like he didn't want to. Your throat was still hurting but you wanted to know why your father was so down.

"Wha-what's w-wrong, Pa...pa?" Just saying three words already hurt your throat, it was like a thousand knives were inside your throat and stabbing you.

"Don't talk, Y/n. The doctor said your throat needs time to heal," he didn't answer your question, you looked him in the eye and he looked away. It hurt you, your father refused to look at you.

It was silent for a few minutes, just you staring at your father so he could tell you what was bothering him. "I'm sorry" he mumbled softly, you gave him a questioning look.

"I'm sorry I was late, i-if I ca-came earlier th-then this wouldn't ha-have h-happened" he broke into tears and it made your heart sad, here he was, the number one hero, crying.

You reached out and held his hands that were intertwined together. "What would I do if I lost you? I already lost your m-mother, I-I can't lose you too"

From what you recall, your mother's cause of death was being beaten up. She was said to have been cornered by a group of villains and since she didn't have a quirk and no hero was near them, she died. Your father blamed himself every day for her death, you saw how he neglected his personal needs and focused on protecting you.

You saw what happened to him when his wife died, you didn't want it to happen again. "I-It's al-alright... Papa. I-I'm... no-not g-going... a-anywhere. Pro-promise"

That was hell just trying to say those words but if it made your father feel better then you would gladly do it again.

He looked up at you and caught a glimpse of your pained expression before you masked it with a smile. Your father felt somewhat happy, his daughter was trying to cheer him up even though she's hurting.

He held your hand tightly and sighed. "Stop talking, I'm fine now. Get some rest, I'll go talk to the doctor, okay?" You nodded and watched him stand and leave.

"Yo-you're the be-best papa in the wo-world" you mumbled before you shifted in bed and fell asleep. Your father stood outside by the doorway and smiled at what you said.