Two: On the way to Vegas

"Vegas! Vegas baby!" Alan cheered, standing up in the car, he looked at a little girl in a SUV beside us, "Vegas!? He yelled, the little girl, unamused glared at Alan, sticking up her middle finger before her parents sped away. 

Alan sat down, frowning "Come on, just till Batstow!" Phil yelled up to Doug, trying to combat the noise of the wind. Victoria rolled her eyes leaning her head back and closing her eyes. 

She ignored the boys bicker about how great Phil's drunk driving until Alan spoke, "Guys my dad loves this care more than he loves me, so yeah." He said. Victoria opened her eyes, exchanging a glance with Phil.

"Aw, whatever. I left my wife and kid at home so I could go with you guys, you know how difficult that was?" Phil said, throwing his hand up for an extra dramatic effect, Victoria cringed at his words. Phil's hand landed on Victoria's upper thigh, "And don't forget, Victoria left her husband and parents at home for this." He teased.

Victoria cringed hard and tucked her left, ringless hand under her thigh, out of sight. Alan turned around "Husband? That's weird, I never saw a ring." He wondered, shrugging and then turning back to face the road.

Victoria awkwardly smiled, Doug looked back at her in the rear view, his eyes concerned. "What?" Phil puzzled, he looked down at her hidden left hand, reaching across her body to grab it, he held her finger close to his face, examining the old off shade circle that was on Victoria's finger, where her wedding ring once was. 

"Everything ok?" Stu asked Victoria, his eyebrows furrowed. Phil continued to hold Victoria's hand up to his face. 

Victoria nodded, "Uh yeah I think I just left it at home." 

Alan once again, spoke up, "Arent you never supposed to take off the ring unless you get divorced?" 

Victoria glared holes into the back of Alan's head, cursing him out in her head. Phil gently put Victoria's hand down, giving her a concerning look. Victoria didn't say anything, she simply closed her eyes, and tilted her head back. She could feel Phil's eyes on her until he finally spoke, changing the subject.

"I fuckin hate my life, I may just stay in Vegas. Vic and I can start a magic show business. I saw her in half. Audience is amazed, we rack up millions of dollars and move to the Bahama's." He planned, resting his hand on Victoria's thigh again, "Eh, what do you say, Vic?" 

Victoria sighed, "Mmm sounds great. We could gamble all our money away, resort to scamming people on the streets with weak card tricks. Sounds like the perfect life, Phil." she sarcastically groaned. 

Doug, enjoy yourself because come Sunday, you're gonna start dying just a little bit everyday." Phil warned. 

Victoria nodded, "It's true, marriage takes a fucking lot out of you." she sighed, remembering her marriage and how much it suffocated her. 

Alan nodded, "Yeah that's why I've managed to stay single this whole time, you know?" he concurred. Victoria lifted her head, smirking at Phil who smirked back.

"Oh really? That's why you're single?" Stu jested, not believed Alan. Victoria lightly hit Stu's arm and giggled.

Alan glanced back at Victoria, "But maybe I've found someone I like." He smiled at her. Victoria had no idea how to respond. But lucky for her, she didn't need to.

"Whoa, careful Alan, she's a tiger. I don't think you can handle her." Phil teased, a hint of jealousy in his voice. He smirked, squeezing Victoria's knee. 

"You are so embarrassing." Victoria shook her head. She propped her feet up into Stu's lap and grabbed a jacket laying on the floor of the car, putting it in Phils lap before she plopped her head down onto the jacket. She looked up at Phil who was looking down at her, his bright blue eyes in awe. 

Neither of them looked away, Victoria's heart rate slowed as if Phil's eyes were regulating it. Her stomach fluttered with butterflies as they looked at each other. 

Doug looked at Alan, "Am i good over there?" he asked, preparing to merge into the right lane. 

Alan nodded, "Yeah, you're good." he said, not even looking behind them. Doug starts to merge into the lane until a semi-truck starts honking coming right up behind them. Doug swerves, in and out of the lane causing Victoria's head to slam against the door. 

"Oh fuck." Phil cursed as Victoria, gripped her head in pain. 

"That was awesome!" Alan cheers, grinning widely. Phil replaces Victoria's hands on her head, running his right hand fingers through her hair, his left hand instinctively on her stomach. 

"That was not awesome!" Stu grumbles in distaste and already, he knew it was going to be a long drive. 

"What's wrong with you?" Doug questioned, turning to briefly glance at Alan. 

Alan giggled, "That was insane we almost died! You should have seen your face!" he points at Doug, laughing. 

Phil chuckles, "That's funny" he laughs, smiling down at Victoria.