Sixteen: Lies and cries in Vegas

"Guy's, I'm telling you, I looked for it this morning before we left. It's not anywhere." Alan sighed, as the five of them tore the hotel villa apart to find the missing chips and purse.

Victoria bit her lip, "Fuck." she squeezed her eyes shut, "Fuck, fuck, fuck." of course she wanted to get Doug back, it was the most important thing at the moment but she couldn't help to think of what to do after they get him back.

Her parents won't give her any money, her only option would to get back together with Nick but that seemed wrong in every singly way. But then she'd have no money, no husband and probably no house. Would she have to get a job? Go to college? It was uncharted territory, she'd never had a job, unless she counted the summer she worked at McDonalds and got fired for smoking weed in the break room.

And being up 30 grand would really help her out in the long run but of course, so would having Doug. "Alright, well, let's go get that 30 grand." Stu sighed, rubbing his eyes.

Victoria nodded nervously, the four of them silently walking down to the nearest ATM, "You alright?" Phil finally whispered, lightly touching Victoria's hand as they waited for the elevator.

The black haired girl bit her lip, Phil was perfect in literally every way except for that he was married, with a child. She nodded, "Yeah, we just really need to find Doug." she partially lied, smiling lightly as they all stepped onto the elevator.

Once they got to the ATM, she took out her card, preparing to take the 30 grand from her account. The guys stood, their backs to her, giving her the privacy she needed. She entered her pin, waiting to take money out when suddenly, it declined. Her eyebrows furrowed as she clicked the 'view my account funds' button.

She could physically feet every singly particle of air leave her body and her blood turn cold. She couldn't speak, move or even bring herself to breathe. "Almost got it?" Phil asked, shifting back and fourth on her feet.

Her eyes flooded with tears as she refreshed the screen over and over, "No, no" she choked out, her hand shaking as she hit the refresh button for the tenth time.

Phil's eyebrows furrowed, "What? What's going on?"

Victoria's throat felt like it was closing up, "They-they drained me - they, I have no- there's nothing left." she struggled to form a sentence, staring at the '0.00' in her bank account.

Phil's stomach dropped as he turned around, his mouth parting as he realized, they needed $80,000, as soon as possible.

Stu and Alan frowned, not trying to make Victoria feel bad but also unable to control their worry and frustration.

They all silently walked back up to the room, doing one last sweep as Victoria helplessly sat on the couch. Tears silently fell down her face, her life was slowly crashing before her very eyes.

She never finished college, she dropped out her third year. She had everything she needed right in front of her, her parents, Nick who made $300,000 a year, her trust fund. She was set. And then, in the span of a month, she'd lost her husband, her parents, and literally lost Doug. Like literally cannot find him.

Who even was she outside of her parents money and her husband? She never got that chance, she was high almost every day of high school, too numb to know who she was and then immediately jumped into a relationship with Nick, conforming to his every need, and order. She was just a boring fucking house wife. Only there to hang off of Nick's arm like eye candy.

She had no real personality besides being a bratty rich girl. She never had to have a personality. And now? She was husband-less, parent-less and Doug-less.