Seventeen: Gambling for Doug

Phil didn't lie about anything he'd said to Victoria, in that moment. He had loved her since high school, he truly did think she had one of the best personalities out of all his friends, and he really did think letting Stephanie go, was the right thing to do.

In that moment, of course.

However, he had no idea how he was supposed to break the news to his wife Stephanie, much less the news to his son.

"Alright, So I'll stay near Alan. Jade, Stu you spot for him, keep watch for the pit boss and Vic, you're our distraction if something goes wrong. Do whatever you need, just keep the pit boss away from Alan." Phil explained, pulling his black suit jacket over his shoulders.

Everyone nodded. Somehow, when they called Jade to ask for help, she agreed which was surprising given the cops had broken into her house, searching for Phil, Alan, Stu and Victoria that day.

Phil folded his arms over his chest, "Alan and I will go down first, then you and Jade." he said, looking at Stu who nodded, "Vic, just stay close by." he gave her a smile, making her heart flutter.

He felt guilty, he loved Victoria, he did but his wife, Stephanie who he'd made his vows to years earlier, who he'd had a kid with. How could he do this to her? Cheating on her and then, leaving her?

Alan and Phil walked out the villa doors, heading to the elevator and then, down the escalator, ready to count cards. "I have the song Iko Iko stuck in my head. Just replaying over and over." Alan said, looking up at Phil.

Phil furrowed his eyebrows, "What?" he questioned, having no idea what Alan was even talking about.

"You know, 'my flag boy and your flag boy, sittin by the fire'" Alan sang, quite awfully, he paused, opening his mouth to share another verse.

Phil rested his hand on Alans shoulder, "Oh, ok. Just don't ever sing again." he asked, nervously adjusting his cuff links as they exited the escalator.

They stood at the blackjack table, Phil taking a sip of his drink as a man stood up, frustrated with losing. Alan watched for a few moments, counting the cards until he decided it was best to join in.

He sat down, setting down Phil's $10,000, "Change only, ten thousand." the dealer called back, swiping Alan's money. He slid the chips forward, putting them in front of Alan.

Stu and Jade walked over, "Hey, uh are these seats taken?" Stu asked, his arm wrapped around jade.

The dealer shook his head, "No, feel free." he said as Jade sat in the seat.

Stu stood next to Jade, "Alright, lets play some black jack!" he cheered, lightly pounding his fist on the table.

As the game went on, Phil looked around for Victoria, casually yelling and cheering on Alan occasionally. As the dealer placed cards in front of Stu, Stu and Jade cheered, trying to draw attention away from Alan.

Alan watched intently, counting each card the dealer flipped, when he didn't bust at 21, Phil threw his hand up, "That's it! Shut up bitches!" he yelled, turning around only to catch Victoria out of the corner of his eye.

She was stood at the bar behind them, talking to a man who looked to be in his mid 40s. She laughed at something he said, her hand laying on the mans bicep. Phil clenched his jaw, taking a deep breath and turning back to the black jack table.

Alan was on a heater, putting his chap stick on as a sign to Jade to stick, rather than drawing another card. "I'll stick," she said to the dealer, leaning forward and looking at her chips.

The next time Alan almost bust, Phil took the straw he was chewing on out of his mouth, "Oh fuck you, fuck you." he yelled, pointing at the dealer.

Time went on, Alan's chips stacked up, Victoria flirted with the pit boss for as long as she could, doing everything in her power to keep him looking in her direction, and not Alan's.

At one point, a man walked over to the pit boss, Craig, whispering something in his ear and then pointing at Alan. Victoria's eyes widened as the pit boss looked toward her, "Excuse me, I have to check up on something."

Victoria worriedly nodded, "Oh um can it wait?" she nervously stuttered out, she seductively touched the pit boss' hand, giving him a smirk.

The pit boss paused, looking at the associate who had come over, giving him a look that said 'is this really that important?'. The associate nodded, pointing at the security camera Phil was currently flipping off.

"I really have to be right back. But don't worry, I'll come back." The pit boss responded, standing up from his seat to walk away.

Victoria panicked, looking for something to distract him, or catch his attention. She couldn't think of anything to do so she stood, prepared to warn Phil. As soon as she stood, her heel caught on the bar stool, and she biffed it, falling straight onto her face, smacking it into the tile flooring.

The ruckus caused a stir, catching the pit boss' attention who desperately decided between a lawsuit and a scammer. Victoria's dress flew up, her black lace panties completely exposed and that's when he decided a law suit was more important than two men counting cards.

"Oh my god, are you okay?" he rushed over to Victoria, pulling her dress down, but not before getting a quick peak at what was behind the dress which made Victoria immensely uncomfortable.

She lifted her head, her already broken before nose was bleeding and her teeth were sunk into her tongue, making blood rush out of it. She moaned in pain, "Fuck." she hissed. The pit boss lifted her up onto her feet, grabbing a clean towel the bartender gave him to wipe her blood.

"I am so sorry. Can I get you anything?" the pit boss questioned, not worried about Victoria but about a lawsuit.

Victoria help her mouth in pain, glancing to make sure Phil and Alan were gone, and they were. Along with Stu and Jade. Victoria shook her head, "I just need to lay down." she cringed, trying to walk away but pausing, "Actually, can I get a bag of ice?" she questioned.

The pit boss looked at the bartender, "Hurry up, get her some ice." he ordered. The bartender quickly threw some ice into a bag and handed it to Victoria. "Can I help you with anything else?" the pit boss paused, biting his lip, "Maybe help you to your room?" he whispered, placing a hand on Victoria's lower back.

Victoria refrained from gagging and shook her head, "No, no thanks. I'll be heading up, alone." she emphasized alone, she began walking away, spotting a bottle of a Absolut Vodka, a $1,000 bottle. She grabbed it, "I'll be taking this, for my troubles of course." she grimaced at the pain of talking.

When nobody stopped her from taking the bottle she continued, speeding up her pace as she realized the pit boss was chasing after her, "You're sure I can't help you with, anything else?"

Victoria gulped, "I have an STD. I think I legally have to tell you that." she sputtered out, not sure how else to get rid of the pit boss. He frowned, about to say something else when she began to run off, "I don't feel good." she said, rushing away from him.

When she got back from the villa, Stu, Alan, and Phil were waiting for her. She held the bag of ice to her mouth, in pain. "Holy shit, are you okay?" Phil rushed over to her, grabbing the bag of ice and checking her nose and tongue. "What happened? Was that intentional?" He questioned, holding the ice to Victoria's mouth with one hand and grabbing a clean towel with the other, to wipe the blood.

Victoria shook her head, "Fuck no. You think I want to fuck my face up more than I already have?" she questioned, struggling to get the words out due to the swelling of her tongue.

Phil smiled softly "I already packed your stuff so we're ready to go." he informed Victoria who nodded, "Let me just have this vodka because you dont need any of it right now." he laughed, taking the vodka from Victoria who cheekily grinned.

"Alright, losers. Let's go get Doug."