𝚒𝚒.

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚃𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚋𝚕𝚎𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚃𝚛𝚒𝚘 𝙼𝚎𝚎𝚝

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

How dare he!

Yashiro gaped at the officer who whispered in her ear just now. Well, yes, she adored fantasizing about pretty boys, but to call her out like that was just rude! She regretted staring into those amber eyes.

"That's all for today," Tsuchigomori declared. "Everyone, scatter. Hey, late girl! Here, take these files to the autopsy team for me, would ya?"

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

"Hey, Nene-chan, have you heard?" Aoi brought up her chance to tell Yashiro another "rumor". Aoi knew that Yashiro liked these creepy stories, rumors, and urban legends, for some reason. Aoi made sure she listened very hard to her customers' conversations in order to obtain these information. Aoi and Yashiro even joked about how Aoi would be a good spy.

"Aoi, now's not the time for rumors!" Yashiro whined. "I'm in quite of a pinch here."

"I just felt like this is very important," Aoi tended to her flowers. "Did you know that a man named Misaki was murdered?"

"Yeah, I do," Yashiro adjusted the red ribbon over her button-up shirt. "It's actually the case we're handling right now."

"So you're taking part in major cases now?" Aoi jokingly wiped a tear from her eye while stifling laughter. "I'm so proud of you, Nene-chan!"

"I was in charge of the files for the autopsy," Yashiro sighed, "the pictures I saw were quite... disturbing... but I guess I'll have to get used to it. Now, what was that rumor you mentioned, earlier?"

"The Misaki Stairs, of course!" Aoi exclaimed with a sweet smile on her face. "A rumor rose when a man named Misaki, who was the husband of a famous tailor, died. It was said that they found his body at the foot of a step of stairs in an alley, and that he was shot twice. Since then, the stairs have been named after Misaki, and deemed to be unlucky."

"I can't believe it's only been a day after the murder and stuff like that's already going around town," Yashiro glanced at her wrist watch for the time. It was 3:17 PM, the afternoon after the meeting.

"You don't usually drop by my shop in the afternoons," Aoi noticed. "Is something bothering you, Nene?"

"Yes, something's wrong!" Yashiro hid her head in her arms in shame. "Am I... really a hopeless romantic?"