𝚡𝚟𝚒.

3 𝚅𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚞𝚜 𝟷

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

"Ooh, look at that!" Yashiro stopped walking for a moment to admire a vase on display studded with little diamonds. "Imagine how expensive this is..."

"Yashiro." Amane tapped on her shoulder lightly to remind her that they were on a mission. "There's no time to look at decorations and furniture! We have to look for that master bedroom."

Mitsuba yawned out of boredom. "Doesn't it seem like we've passed this hallway before?"

"I don't know and I don't care," Akane checked his watch for the time. "We've been stuck here for twenty minutes now and we're getting nowhere."

"I think we're lost," Mitsuba said bluntly.

Akane rolled his eyes. "Pfft. You think?"

"Now, now, you two," Amane told them in a nice tone to avoid the possibility of a fight. "We should be working together, right?"

"Why would I want to work with someone who thinks he's making more sense than me?!" Mitsuba pointed angrily at Akane. "Look at this stupidhead. I'm not doing anything, but he's attacking me!"

"Since when have I attacked you?" Akane shouted back. "Don't get cocky just because you think you're so cute! To Ao-chan, you can't even compare when it comes to-"

In one swift movement, Amane pointed his own favorite kitchen knife at the two arguing Wonders, then smiled. "We're friends, aren't we? And friends work together. Right?"

The light drained from No.3 and No.1's faces. "Yes, sir..." they said in unison.

Yashiro was now the one to lead the team by walking in front of them. "Don't you guys think we're attracting a lot of attention this way?"

Amane nodded to that statement in agreement. "Hmm, you're right. Let's go-"

"Go where?"

It felt like the warm, late-morning atmosphere has turned several degrees colder. All the hair on Yashiro's arms stood on end as chills creeped down her spine. The other Wonders were affected by this sudden change of mood as well - Akane had an angry look in his eyes, Mitsuba's face turned serious, and Amane showed no emotion at all towards the person standing in front of Yashiro. Yashiro was too scared to move. The gun... get the gun... Yashiro fumbled for the hilt of her pistol before gripping it tightly.

"Tsukasa," Amane said, simply.

"Amane!" Tsukasa clapped his hands as he skipped towards said Wonder's direction. He completely ignored the looks Mitsuba and Akane were giving him and embraced his twin brother as if nothing happened between them the past several years. "You're here! Hooray! I knew you'd be here!"