𝚟𝚒.

𝚈𝚊𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚘 𝙽𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝙲𝚘𝚗𝚏𝚕𝚒𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚍

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

"No.7-sama and Nene, may I speak with you for a moment? This is something very important."

Tsuchigomori pulled out Yashiro and Amane from the main workplace of the Investigation Department on the hallway, with Yashiro feeling quite nervous. Tsuchigomori sounded pretty ominous when he said that they needed to talk about something important. Amane, on the other hand, smiled as if he knew everything! It was irritating.

"Since one of the Seven Wonders lost their God damn mind for a while," Tsuchigomori began saying, "the Seven decided to host a meeting about it in my place - the 4PM Library."

"Sir," Yashiro spoke up, "why's it called the "4PM Library"?"

"Because this closeted pervert only opens it at 4PM and closes one hour later," Amane poked Tsuchigomori's arm as he teased him.

"That's not how you treat your elders, Amane," Tsuchigomori feigned annoyance. "And I'm not a closeted pervert."

You're more of the pervert here, Amane-kun, Yashiro resisted the urge to plant her face in her palm.

"Anyways," the officer continued, "it's somewhere far north away from Kamome. To get there, it takes 4 days by train. Amane knows this, since he's the one who decided to hold a meeting. However..."

Yashiro looked at Amane, a person short for his height, with that childish attitude, in awe. So he can be responsible at times, can he?

"... for this entire case, since everything can't be handled by someone from the Wonders alone," Tsuchigomori pointed to Yashiro and Amane, "you two are going to be partners."

Wait... what?!

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

Amane was just as shocked as Yashiro. He certainly didn't expect Tsuchigomori to make this kind of decision. He wasn't even informed of this!

Him, partnered to Yashiro, the girl he was currently crushing on?! Was he really that obvious? Did Tsuchigomori know all along? Ah, he should explain. Since when did he start liking Yashiro? On the first day she showed up to work, of course! The time she was late for an important meeting a few days ago was also pretty adorable. Gah! Why'd she have to be my type?!

The next day, Amane patiently waited for Yashiro to arrive at the train station. The night before, they had exchanged phone numbers and texted each other the designated meeting place at the station. Amane was the first to arrive, so now he was waiting for Yashiro.