𝚟𝚒𝚒.

𝙼𝚢𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙽𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚗 𝚁𝚊𝚒𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

Yashiro tried to keep everything that happened on the dining cart - the business card, the words Sakura said, and Sakura herself - a secret. Everything Sakura told her just felt so wrong. Amane seemed like too much of a loser to attract a girl, much less maintain a relationship.

"You got donuts for me?! Yipee!" Yashiro put on a gleeful smile as she entered their compartment, her hands filled with food from the dining cart. Amane quickly greeted her and took the donuts she was holding, excited to take a bite.

"They're plain and still fresh!" Yashiro exclaimed. "And then there's strawberry-filled rice cakes for me!"

Amane helped Yashiro set the food on the table. Not too soon after he took a bite out of the first donut, he stopped and had a stern expression on his face. "Actually," Amane said, and stood up, bitten donut in hand, "I wanna explore this train a bit. I'll be back in less than an hour."

"Why? Is there something wrong?" Yashiro asked, her mouth full of strawberry flavor.

"It's just my premonition," Amane shrugged. "Anyways, I'll be back. I recommend you do the same."

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

The main passenger coach. The entire center of the train was free, with seats only stretching to the sides in a horizontal manner. All of the people were either sitting down, reading a book, playing with their phones, or taking a nap. At the corner of her eye, she saw Sakura reading a book at the far end of the train coach. "Sakura!" Yashiro called out to her. Yashiro walked up to her.

"Keep it down, Yashiro-san," Sakura said. "It's nice to see you again."

Yashiro took the seat beside Sakura. "So... what are you reading?" Now that I'm seeing her up close, she's actually gorgeous!

"Moonlight Over Manhattan," the other girl replied. "I'm particularly interested in romantic novels."

"I've never heard of that one," Yashiro commented. "I have a friend, though, her name's Aoi Akane. She's way more into this romance stuff than I am."

"She sounds interesting." Sakura flipped over a page.

"She really is-"

"My painting is gone!" another girl screamed in the same passenger coach they were.

A crowd formed around the girl who screamed just now. Sakura hadn't moved from her seat, while Yashiro stood up and joined the crowd of passengers. The girl had messy brown hair braided in two twin tails, with blue eyes behind gray-rimmed glasses. She had a button-up shirt similar to Yashiro's under a blue ribbon and a brown blazer, and her cream-colored skirt reached up above her knees.