𝙴𝚙𝚒𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

A few months later...

One dead body.

A suspense-filled living room.

And five suspects.

Yashiro opened her notepad and prepared her pen with a cold feeling resting on her shoulders. Amane was sitting beside her on the other side of a couch. Today, they were working on a murder case concerning the murder of a middle-aged woman in her 30's named Joanne.

Sitting directly in front of her were five suspects - all of them were suspected of the murder. There was Joanne's neighbor Will, Joanne's personal maid Rin, her husband Noel, her college friend Nick, and her close friend Mary. According to Noel, the murder occurred last night, when they were all gathered in her house for drinks. Joanne went to the bathroom to try to cool off when she never came back and was discovered dead by Rin.

"I was drinking in the living room with Joanne, and Mary," Noel spoke, his voice close to tears. "J-Joanne left us with a smile. She said that she'll be back in a few minutes. Said that she wasn't feeling well."

"That must've been hard for you," Yashiro sympathized with him as she wrote down his alibi in her notepad. "Alright... Rin?"

"I was taking care of the snacks in the kitchen," Rin said. "Then, Noel told me to check on the madam. I... she... on the floor... with blood and vomit everywhere..." Rin's closed fists were shaking with anger.

Will, the neighbor, stayed silent and furious at the edge of the couch. He didn't even spare a look of pity at Rin and Noel, who were walking on thin ice and trying not to cry.

"Joanne wanted to open a little coffee shop since she was young," Will spat bitterly. "I can't believe that this happened..."

"I'm completely innocent! I swear!" Mary, Joanne's close friend, exclaimed. "I was only eating chips in the kitchen! Nick was even with me!"

"That's right!" Nick agreed. "I was getting chips from the little storage under the stairs!"

"Same here," Will said. "I came late because I had to put my son to sleep."

"It's okay, ma'am," Yashiro reassured Mary. "I'm sure you're innocent. Now, let's see..."

Name Time of arrival
Mary 8:14 PM
Will 8:31 PM
Rin 8:07 PM
Nick 8:14 PM
Noel 8:00 and earlier PM

"What time did you discover the body?" Amane asked Rin.

"I don't know..." Rin quivered in her seat. "Around 8:30 PM or something..."