𝚒𝚟.

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙱𝚛𝚘𝚊𝚍𝚌𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚃𝚛𝚒𝚘

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

"Well, this is definitely a surprise," Tsuchigomori's eyebrows were raised in amusement while he was smoking on some weird substance again. Sitting in front of him was the now-former honorable No.2, her face scrunched up in embarrassment and pure shame.

"Shut up!" No.2 growled at Tsuchigomori in frustration. She was pissed off by the fact that she was being interrogated by a fellow Wonder, and that Amane was aiming a pistol at her head.

"Now, now, Yako," Amane pressed the pistol against her hair, his index finger trained on the trigger. "Just answer all these questions truthfully. If you don't... well, I certainly don't know what'd happen if I pulled the trigger!" For someone talking about shooting a person, Amane was strangely cheerful.

"There is no need for such hostility, No.7," Tsuchigomori almost coughed on his pipe. "We found a certain drug in your possession, after a bit of searching around the warehouse. What's it about?"

"I was tricked by that stupid little brat!" Yako cried out. "He told me that it was him himself who murdered Misaki."

"What stupid little brat?" Tsuchigomori sat down, his hands tentatively tapping the wooden interrogation table. "Be more specific, stupid fox."

"I-I don't know what his name was," Yako confessed, "but he looked exactly like you." She turned her head to face Amane, the pistol now aimed at her face.

Amane's expression surprised both Yako and Tsuchigomori. All the strength left Amane's body and he accidentally dropped the pistol.

I think you'd be a great detective someday, Amane.

Seriously, Tsukasa? I want to be an astronaut!

Pfft, astronaut, detective, I don't care what you'll grow up to be! You're going to be awesome... you're my brother, after all!

Amane's guts twisted and sickened inside his body. He was searching around Yako's face for any hint or trace that she was lying, but he found no such hints. His eyes widened then his blood started to boil. "I..." he inched away from Yako and Tsuchigomori, who were now wearing concerned expressions on their faces. "I have to go. Bathroom. Gotta take a jingle." He didn't even bother stopping when his cute senpai, Yashiro, asked him what was wrong. Yashiro shot Amane a pitiful look as he ran away towards the location of the restroom.

The moment Amane entered the third unoccupied restroom stall, he vomited, his thoughts totally disarrayed. Every time anything reminded him of his twin brother, he would get this feeling in his gut and break down. No... I didn't kill him, I didn't kill him...

"Amane?"

Stop it! Stop calling my name like that! I'm not a murderer, I swear!

Why did Yako say that he looked EXACTLY like me?!

I don't know why my fingerprints were on that knife!

I would never kill the person who means the world to me-

"Amane!" Ah, Yashiro. Perfect timing. Amane really needed a distraction right now.

"This is the boy's restroom, Yashiro," Amane wiped his face using a tissue from a nearby roll.

"I don't care," Yashiro scoffed as she patted Amane's shivering back. "You're in quite of a mess. What happened to you?"

"Nothing," Amane answered, lies etched in every one of his words. "Something was in my coffee this morning, I guess?" he tried to laugh it off with a smile, hoping that Yashiro would buy it. He knew that Yashiro was a very gullible girl - the type to believe everything she saw without giving it a second thought.

The look Yashiro expressed told him that she didn't buy it. "Amane," she knelt down by his side. "Your eyes look dead. It's not the bright amber you usually have."

"Did you get that from staring at my eyes for long periods of time? Oh, Yashiro, you flirt!" Amane tried to escape the situation by teasing Yashiro, but apparently, Yashiro knew what he was doing and tried her hardest not to slap him.

"Don't push your luck," Yashiro warned. "Yes, I admit that I have been staring at you, but I'm only here because you saved me from being cut by No.2's scissors." Yashiro rubbed Amane's back, in case the sickening feeling in Amane's gut won't go away.

"I'm feeling kinda fine now," Amane half-lied. He still felt like crap.

Yashiro's other hand went up to her head and took off her detective cap. "Hey..." she began to say, "about No.2 earlier, what did she mean when she called you No.7-sama?"

God damn it, this girl has keen senses!

"I mean, it's fine if you don't answer me," Yashiro tripped over her words, "it's just that... if you really are one of the Seven Wonders, then I'm really, really honored to meet you-"

"I'm only a Wonder because I wanted to atone for my brother's death," Amane turned away from Yashiro. "I never had any plans to become a detective or an officer, anyway."

"Your brother?" Yashiro asked further.

"Yes, my younger twin brother." With Yashiro's help, Amane was able to stand up and get back back on his feet. "The suspected cause of Misaki's murder and Yako losing her mind in that warehouse."

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

"Ah, that was so much fun!" the short figure of a boy with choppy, black hair, animal-like amber eyes, and two small fangs in replace of teeth threw his hands up in the air. "Can we do it again, Miss Sakura?"

"Quiet, Tsukasa," a girl in her mid-twenties, with neon green hair in an asymmetrical bob cut shushed the cheerful boy. "We're temporarily going to stay here, remember?"

"Remind me why we're running away again," Tsukasa toyed with  knife in his hands, twirling it around with such speed and skill that not one of his fingers developed a scratch.

"We're being suspected by the broadcasting company," Sakura sighed, "and it's all thanks to this guy." She wagged a finger towards a third person's direction to her right. He had dark, reddish-brown hair, an aloof expression on his face, and carefree gray eyes.

"You mean me?" He pointed a finger at himself.

"Yes, Natsuhiko," Sakura folded her arms against her chest. "If you hadn't accidentally dropped that sacket of Heroin-induced powder, we wouldn't be in this situation right now."

Tsukasa raised a hand in the air, merrily offering a suggestion, "I could kill everyone in the broadcasting company so it'll be just us three!"

"No, Tsukasa, we shouldn't go for a mass murder-"

"I admit that it's my fault," Natsuhiko placed a hand on his chest in a dramatic matter, "but My Lady is scolding me with such elegance that my mistake doesn't bother me at all! Wait - ow!" Natsuhiko's body dropped to the floor after Sakura delivered a swift kick in his groin.

"So, Tsukasa," Sakura turned her attention towards the hostile boy. "What's our next move?"

"Our next move?" Tsukasa stepped back from the wall where he was standing a moment ago to reveal a fourth person in binds. He had pink hair tied up into a ponytail, and his face could almost identify as that of a girl's because of how pretty he looked. He wore a dark, striped fuschia scarf over a pink cardigan and peach jeans.

"Why, we spy over the Kamome Investigation Department using honorable No.3, of course!" Tsukasa clapped his hands in a childish manner as he saw the Third Wonder squirm helplessly in his binds, unable to scream because of the tape in his mouth. Tsukasa knelt to face the Wonder and looked at him in a creepy way.

"You'll do a good job, won't you?" Tsukasa said. "Mitsuba?"