𝚒𝚒𝚒.

𝙽𝚘.𝟸 𝙶𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝙱𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚎𝚛𝚔

𝟸 𝙶𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝙱𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚎𝚛𝚔

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

The inside of the warehouse was relatively dark. Yashiro followed suit after Amane, with Kou right behind her.

Kring! Kring! Kring!

A telephone rang, a few feet away from them to the left, startling both Yashiro and Kou. The trio walked over to the location of the telephone and stared at it for a few seconds while it was still ringing. Yashiro picked up the telephone after a few more rings. "... Hello?"

"My Misaki," a deep woman's voice spoke in a low and sinister tone, "do you have any idea what happened to him?"

"Misaki?" Wasn't that the name of the guy who was murdered? "He was mur-"

"Murdered!" the lady at the other end of the telephone cried out. "Shot! Such a good man like Misaki doesn't deserve death!"

"Yashiro," Amane called her attention, "may I have the phone, please?"

Kou only stared at the two, dumbfounded, as Yashiro passed the telephone to Amane. Kou didn't know what the person at the other end told Yashiro for her to look so startled like that. Amane fixed his necktie and, with a smile, spoke on the phone. "Hey No.2, what's up?"

Both Yashiro and Kou wore bewildered expressions on their faces. What did Amane mean by No.2? Yashiro's thoughts ran wild. Don't tell me he means No.2 of the Seven Wonders..?

"My Misaki," she repeated. "What have you done to him?! You're all going to die! In this warehouse, along with the three people you love!"

Amane's eyes widened and pushed both Yashiro and Kou to the ground. "Get down!"

As soon as the three of them ducked to the ground, a gunshot from the other side of the warehouse made a loud bang! Yashiro shrieked in surprise. The sound rattled her bones and sent chills down her spine. Another metallic sound - like the sound of a pair of scissors snipping air - emitted from the source of the gunshot. Ghostly light bulbs lit the warehouse, even if the light it gave off was dim, enough to show the shadow of a person walking towards them.

Kou stood in a fighting stance, a determined look on his face with his golden staff tightly gripped. Amane was staring intensely at the figure walking towards them. Yashiro felt so helpless and scared - just what was she thinking, not bringing any sort of weapon?

Clack, clack, clack, was all the trio heard. The sound of heels clicking against the floor. In the light enough for them to see, a beautiful woman in a fancy kimono graced their presences. Two long locks of blonde hair framed her face, and her eyes were a deep emerald green. A ribbon that resembled a fox's ears held her hair up, and she was wearing white gloves. Yashiro was surprised - she was drop-dead gorgeous! However, the most disturbing part about her was that she was holding two ridiculously large pairs of scissors, one in each hand.

"There you are, No.2." Amane brought out a... wait, was that a kitchen knife?!

"Where's Aoi?" Yashiro demanded in a shouting manner. "What have you done to her?"

"Yeah!" Kou joined in the shouting, "what about Satou and Yokoo? Y'know, the officers!"

No.2 gave the three officers a curious look, before offering them a menacing smile. "Ah, you mean the children who failed!" No.2 pointed one of her large pairs of scissors towards the wall and made the light shine against metal on a particular piece of junk at one corner... only it wasn't junk.

It was the bodies of Aoi and the two officers, on the floor. All three of them were tied with ropes as if they were hostages.

"Aoi!" Yashiro ran towards the direction of her friend's body.

"Sorry, girl." In a mere fraction of a second, No.2's scissors were headed straight for her neck, ready to snip her head off her shoulders. "I'm not letting you touch those bodies."

"Yashiro!" Yashiro stood frozen in place in fear. Her mind didn't dare think another thought as she was so sure that those scissors would cut her in half. Just as the scissors' blades met each other, Amane rushed to Yashiro's aid and pushed her to the floor.

"Amane-kun..." Yashiro was still frightened by the death she avoided. She wanted to thank Amane, but it seemed like now wasn't a good time. "Aoi..." as Yashiro cradled Aoi's head close to her chest, tears dripping from her eyes, Amane leaned in close to her again and whispered in her ear.

"She's not dead, you know," he gave her a smile. "No.2 simply used a powerful sleeping drug on them. No.2 is the kind of officer who would never harm innocent people - but something happened, alright. Something I'll explain later." Amane stood up from where he was kneeling, holding the rope he had cut from No.2's victims.

What do you mean she's not dead?

"Boy, do it now!" Amane was the first to lunge at No.2, his knife deflecting every attack No.2's scissors attempted.

"I don't need to be told twice!" Rushing for No.2, Kou ducked low in order avoid being cut by No.2's scissors and kicked his feet off the ground with a high jump. Using his staff, he knocked the huge screw that held one of No.2's scissors together.

While Kou was keeping No.2 busy, Amane took the opportunity of not being noticed and quickly tied No.2's arms together, restricting her movements. With another loud metallic clang, the last of No.2's scissors fell to the floor.

"You shouldn't interfere, No.7-sama!" No.2 wailed, obviously irritated that she wasn't able to move freely. "I only want information about what happened to my Misaki!" No.2 struggled to get free, but Kou and Amane were both too much for her to handle, especially since she didn't have any way to wield her weapons now.

"No.2 of the Seven Wonders," Amane gave her a serious and disgusted look as he pulled her arms tighter behind her back, threatening her. He was relaying the message that one more movement will lead to him breaking her arms. "You have abandoned your duty. I am now asking you to return your seat number."