10| Drunken Adventures

Once Zoey seated herself inside the car, Travis called Maya and told her that he would pick up later after dropping Zoey at her house. Then he went to the driver seat and buckled the seatbelt of Zoey's side. She was completely inebriated and her dark wavy hair was sprawled everywhere. For a moment, Travis' eyes lowered to her long, toned legs and he shifted in his seat uncomfortably.

"You shouldn't wear clothes like this, that too in a party full of drunkards. Anything could have happen. I am all for freedom of choice but there is a very thin line between empowering yourself and degrading yourself." Travis advised her.

She let out a sigh and closed her eyes. "I know but it's worth the look on my father's face when I go home." She smirked weakly.

Shaking his head, he started the car and drove towards Crawford mansion. All the while, Zoey kept turning in the seat, struggling to get out of the seatbelt. "Don't. You will hurt yourself." Travis reprimanded and she pouted in response.

"This car... It is too old." She commented and Travis rolled his eyes.

"I am sorry. I didn't bring the Limo you ordered for." He said sarcastically and continued driving.

"Smartass." She said and collapsed back on the seat. All the while, he could feel Zoey's eyes on him and it unnerved him but he kept his focus. "You have a nice jawline." She said and colour rose to Travis' cheeks but he didn't react.

He was on his way when suddenly, he felt Zoey's hands on his thigh and he almost crashed the car. "Fuck, Zoey. What the hell is wrong with you?" He shouted back, stopping the car.

"Nothing. I was just checking." She blinked innocently.

"Checking what exactly?" Travis snarled.

"Just the muscle tone. I have a weakness for muscular thighs. Don't worry, you have nice ones." She winked and Travis slapped his head in agitation. He never had to deal with a drunk girl before, that too Zoey Crawford. Why in hell did he agree to drive her?

"Just sit back and let me drive." Travis ordered and Zoey flinched at his tone. For the rest of the while, she kept pouting angrily while Travis kept ignoring her.

Once they were inside the parking lot of Zoey's house, Travis walked over to the passenger side and helped Zoey walk out. He held her secure by her waist while Zoey rested her head on his shoulder. Together, they both walked through the wooden door inside.

"Travis," she whispered under her breath.

"What?" Travis asked, patting her arm to wake her up. He felt weird holding her this close to her and the fact that she smelled so good didn't help either. When his eyes fell on her lips covered in red lipstick, the warmth in his chest increased.

"I feel..." She snuggled deeper into his neck and Travis stood there frozen. "I feel nauseous." She said and the next moment, she parted away from him and emptied her insides partly on the floor and partly on Travis' shoes.

"God," Travis said, looking completely horrified at her situation.

"Don't worry. Rose will clean it. Rose! Rose!" She said and the next moment, Travis' mother came running towards them. She stunned when her eyes fell on a very drunk Zoey, her own son Travis and the puddle of vomit. "Clean this vomit." She ordered and fell down on the couch limply.

"Don't worry about it. I will clean it up." Travis said to his mother and gave another glance to Zoey who was now completely unconscious.

"What is all this noise?" A voice echoed in the lounge and the next moment, he found Richard Crawford walking towards them. His eyes bulged out of the orbits when they landed on his daughter, drunk to the point of oblivion.