38| Resisting The Temptation

Zoey listened to whatever Josh was saying absent-mindedly. They were on a dinner date and Zoey was trying her best to enjoy herself but she couldn't. Travis' face kept appearing in front of her eyes, making it hard for her to enjoy.

"So would you like to hangout at my apartment after this?" He offered.

Zoey knew what "hangout" meant for men. He was trying to get into her pants, not that she was complaining. It's been so long since she had sex. Maybe that's why she was so frustrated these days. She needed to divert her mind from Travis and Josh seemed like a perfect man for that.

"Sure." She said and watched as he paid the bill. After that, they both made way to his car and he started the engine. "Where do you live?"

"Few blocks away from that superstore." He told her and Zoey nodded.

It took them fifteen minutes to reach his apartment. It was a small apartment that was a little too messy for her taste. The place looked like it wasn't cleaned for days and there were pizza boxes and soda cans sprawled everywhere.

"That's my bedroom. Make yourself comfortable." He pointed towards the bedroom.

Zoey went inside the bedroom and looked at herself in the mirror. She was wearing a blue halter neck dress that reached the middle of her thighs. Her hair was styled in a half updo and light makeup was accentuating her features. Overall, she felt confident.

"So, did you enjoy tonight?" Josh asked as he appeared behind her.

"Yeah. It was fun." Zoey shrugged through the mirror.

Josh smirked before stepping closer to her. His front pressed against Zoey's back and he snaked his arms around her waist. "You are stunning. Do you know that?"

"I kinda do." Zoey replied confidently, though a part of her wanted to leave. She had slept with some boys before but it felt different this time. There was a vague heaviness in her stomach, making her slightly nauseous.

She closed her eyes when Josh kissed her neck. She tried to enjoy it but she couldn't, because a certain face appeared in front of her eyes for the millionth time that night.

"You like that?" He asked and she internally cringed. No, she didn't like when he was pecking her neck like she was a piece of toast.

"Hmmm..." She muttered.

His hands trailed upwards, to her chest and her anxiety heightened. She didn't know what to do or how to react when she wasn't feeling aroused by him.

"Shit." Josh mumbled when they both heard the bell ring. Zoey immediately pulled away and heaved a sigh of relaxation. "I'll check."

Once Josh left, Zoey took few deep breaths and looked at her face in the mirror. Her face looked pale all of sudden. Maybe it was the nauseous feeling in her stomach or maybe it was the disgust she felt at his touch. Whatever it was, she cursed Travis for causing her to feel like that.

"You have to go now." Josh said in panic as he reappeared through the door. His face was devoid of all the blood.

"What happened?" She asked.

"You need to go, please." He tugged her to the window and opened it. "Here, through this fire escape."

Zoey looked out at the dangerous array of stairs that led straight to the ground. "But why?"

"My wife is here." He said and Zoey's eyes widened.

"You are married?" She asked and he nodded. Hearing this, she aimed a tight slap at his face. "You son of a bitch."