59| Mornings Like These

In the morning, Zoey was awake but she felt too tired to open her eyes. She was aware of her surroundings, of someone staring at her with calm, calculative eyes. She had an idea who he probably was, most probably the guy she cuddled with the whole night.

Smiling, she opened her eyes, expecting to find Travis looking at her but his eyes were closed. Her eyebrows furrowed and she angled her neck, only to find her little brother standing by the bed and staring at both of them.

Zoey gasped at this and hurriedly pushed Travis away. The sudden impact woke Travis up and he let out a gasp just as loud.

"What are you doing here Sam?" She yelled.

"Dad asked me to check up on you. Do I tell him you are in bed with Travis?" Sam asked.

"Don't you dare. You have to keep your mouth shut, Sam. I am serious." Zoey said in panic.

"That depends." Sam shrugged.

"Depends on what?" She asked.

"On how much money is there in my pocket." He smiled sheepishly and Zoey gritted her teeth.

"I am not bribing you." She said.

"Okay." Sam muttered and then shouted, "Dad!"

Hopping out of bed, Zoey silenced him by putting her hand on his mouth. "Fine. How much money do you need?" She asked.

"Hundred bucks." Sam said.

"I'll give you fifty." She replied.

"Ninety."

"Fifty-five."

"Eighty."

"Sixty."

"Seventy five, take it or leave it." Sam bargained.

"Fine." Zoey said and pulled seventy five dollars from her wallet.

"Thanks." Sam said and walked out of the room "Enjoy your sex." He said before leaving.

"Sam!" She shouted back and then turned her head towards Travis who had a grin on his face. "Why are you laughing, idiot?" She said and sat down beside him.

"You look cute when you are angry." He said and extended his hand to brush back the hair falling on her forehead. In the morning, she looked twice as beautiful than she usually did, her face bare of any make-up and her messy hair sprawled all around.

"Take a bath. You look like hell." She said.

"You too." Travis lied. Saying this, he left the bed and pulled out his toothbrush and clothes from his luggage, all the while feeling Zoey's eyes on him. Passing her a smile, he entered the bathroom and took off his shirt.

While he was brushing his teeth, he heard the bathroom door opened and someone walked in. Turning his head to the door, he watched Zoey standing there with a dangerous look in her eyes.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

She walked over to the sink and picked up her own toothbrush. "Brushing my teeth." She shrugged.

Rolling his eyes playfully, Travis brushed his teeth while their eyes remained locked together through the mirror. Zoey had mischief filling her eyes to the brim. She was in the mood of messing with him and it was clear from her actions. Once he had washed his face, he walked over to the shower and turned it on.

"Now if you don't mind, can I take a quick shower?" He asked.

"I don't mind." She said and her hands reached the hem of her top. She slowly took it off, leaving behind a black lacy bra.