70| Shopping Spree

Zoey walked past Althea who was sitting in circle with the rest of the student council, dividing tasks of arranging prom. She was a literal mess right now, barking orders at everyone to do their part correctly and not mess up anything.

"Zoey," she heard Althea call her name but she acted like she wasn't listening and continued walking. "I know you can hear me Zoe."

"What?" Zoey replied.

"Do you want to enter your name in Prom Queen nominations?" She asked.

"I haven't thought about it." Zoey replied.

"Decide faster. Prom is next week." Althea exasperated.

"I'll let you know." Zoey said and walked towards the basketball court. Zachary and Ethan were casually playing basketball there and Olive had joined them too.

"Your girlfriend is going crazy. She needs to get laid." Zoey said to Ethan and sat down in a corner.

"Do you think it's me who wants to wait till prom night?" Ethan rolled his eyes sarcastically as he scored a basket.

"Whatever. She needs to get unwound on immediate basis, one way or another." Olive added.

"What do you suggest? Should I throw her over my shoulders and take her to the Chem lab?" Ethan laughed.

"It's my sister, jerk." Zachary aimed the ball at Ethan's arm that caused him to wince.

While Ethan and Olive played, Zachary made his way to the bench where Zoey was sitting and wiped his sweat with a dry towel.

"Hey." Zoey acknowledged.

"Hi." He replied and sat down beside her.

"Travis told me that Maya was worried about you." Zoey said.

"So? It's her problem, not mine." He said dryly.

"That girl cares about you, Zach." Zoey said, putting her hand on his.

"Are you going to give me a lecture as well? Because I thought at least you would understand." He sighed in disappointment.

"I understand. Believe me, I do. You are hurt and you want to hurt others. I have been there but it's not worth it." Zoey muttered to him in worried voice.

"What am I supposed to do? Ask for her forgiveness. I'm doing what she wanted me to do. I am giving her space." Zachary huffed.

She stared at him in pity, not knowing what to say to him. She had been in his position before, where being a rebel was the only option left. Zachary was better than her in every aspect. He was the nice one and it hurts to see him like that.

She decided to change the topic. "Who are you bringing to prom?"

"Blaire probably." He replied.

"Oh, don't." Zoey groaned. "We both know she is annoying as hell."

"At least she won't reject me." Zachary replied.

When the conversation didn't do any good, Zoey gave up and stood up to leave. She made her way to the school library and searched for Travis, who happened to be sitting in the last row behind Physics section.

"Hey, hot stuff." Zoey plopped herself on the table in front of him.

"Hey." Travis put his book aside and lifted his head to look at her.

"So, do you have a date to prom?" She teased.

"No. Who will go with a nerd like me?" He teased back.