27| Perfection Is A Mirage

The piercing rays of sunlight entered through the glass window and disturbed Travis's peaceful sleep. He rolled over the cozy bed to shield his eyes and snuggled deeper to the soft, warm pillow.

"Wait, since when did my pillows became so soft?" He thought to himself and opened his eyes, only to find himself tangled with a certain brunette.

He blinked few times to check whether it was a dream or not because this was not the first time he had woke up dreaming about Zoey. But when the feminine figure beneath him didn't disappear after blinking few times, the panic in his mind heightened.

"Zoey!" He called her name, trying to disentangle himself from her but there legs were practically laced together. Her hair was sprawled onto the white pillow and there was a bit of drool just beneath her soft lips.

"Zoey!" He said again and her face contorted. Slowly, she opened her eyes and when she found Travis hovering over her, her own eyes widened to saucers and a light shade of pink appeared on her cheeks.

"Shit." She muttered under her breath and immediately pulled away.

Travis rose to sitting position and thought about what happened last night. He remembered drinking a lot of fruit punch last night and then a certain image flashed in front of his eyes; the image of Zoey and him together in the shower.

"Shit... Did we... Did we sleep together?" He asked in panic.

"Sleep?" Zoey scrunched her nose and then her mouth formed an o. "Don't you remember?"

"Remember what?" He asked and gulped the thickened saliva down his throat.

She smirked on noticing his expression and leaned closer to him. "We did the tango."

"T... Tango?"

"I must say Travis, your looks are just above average but you are quite well endowed in some departments." She motioned towards his crotch and he immediately pulled a cushion over the said area.

"For God's sake Zoey, why didn't you stop me?" He shrieked in panic and noticing that, Zoey burst out laughing.

Travis watched her with confusion as she crunched forwards and held her stomach, chortling like a crazy person. "Nothing happened, Travis. Your virtue is still intact." She said in between the laughs.

A frown appeared on Travis's forehead on hearing this and he gritted his teeth. "You---" But before he could complete the sentence, they both heard a knock, followed by the sound of opening of door.

Hurriedly, Zoey moved forwards and encircled her arms around Travis's neck, pulling him forwards in a way that he ended up straddling Zoey.

"Miss. Zoey, your orange jui--- Ahhh... Sorry, sorry." Rose immediately closed the door when she found Zoey and a male figure in a very compromising position.

"Just wait for me downstairs, Rose. I am with someone." Zoey replied and Rose rushed downstairs in the fastest speed possible.

Both Zoey and and Travis took a long sigh of relief and then realized their position. Their mouths were just few inches away from each other, with Zoey's arms keeping him close to her and Travis's body almost grinding into hers.

"Thanks." He said breathlessly as his gaze switched between her eyes and her lips.

"You owe me big time, Anderson." She whispered while her own lungs stopped working. Up this close, his eyes appeared even more beautiful. She didn't even know hazel color could look this captivating.

"Zoey," he called her name in a gentle tone that made her heart pound.

"Hmm." Zoey hummed as she felt her ears become insanely hot. Was she blushing?