sorting ceremony

"Oh you may not think I'm pretty,
But don't judge on what you see,
I'll eat myself if you can find
A smarter hat than me.
You can keep your bowlers black,
Your top hats sleek and tall,
For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat
And I can cap them all.
There's nothing hidden in your head
The Sorting Hat can't see,
So try me on and I will tell you
Where you ought to be.
You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve, and chivalry
Set Gryffindors apart;
You might belong in Hufflepuff,
Where they are just and loyal,
Those patient Hufflepuffs are true
And unafraid of toil;
Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
if you've a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind;
Or perhaps in Slytherin
You'll make your real friends,
Those cunning folks use any means
To achieve their ends.
So put me on! Don't be afraid!
And don't get in a flap!
You're in safe hands (though I have none)
For I'm a Thinking Cap!"
I hope Al and Scorpius are put in a house with people who'll be nice to them, I really do.
Professor Mcgonagall began to walk up to the podium unraveling a tatty, stained scroll.
"When I call your name proceed to the podium and when your house is announced go to your house table" she Announced
"Ansel Beaulieu" She Announced. He's a tall Albino boy with buzz cut golden blonde hair and green eyes.
"Slytherin!" The hat exclaimed.
"Caleb Ashman" she said. A short, big-built boy with brown curly hair, olive toned skin and brown eyes, he was sorted into Ravenclaw.
"Patrick Lynnfield" a tall boy with a mop straight black hair and piercing blue eyes. He had a fringe which he swept over to the side of his face. He was sorted into Hufflepuff.
"Nora Smalls" A short girl with short brown curly hair and brown eyes in a large wheelchair. She was sorted into Gryffindor.
"Davis Holmesburg" an average height boy, with dark hobbit like hair and brown eyes. He's sorted in Slytherin.
A couple other names were called and sorted, then I heard...
"Carrie Murray" the professor called. Oh my gosh I haven't seen her in ages; we met at a wizarding fair when we were younger, we used to send letters to each other every now and again, but we lost contact after a year or so. She's a tall, big boned, Irish girl, with a round face covered in freckles, light brown wispy hair and strong blue eyes. She's sorted into Ravenclaw.
"Paris Parkinson" she called. She's average height, with brown hair, in a bob, dark skin and chocolaty eyes. She's sorted into Slytherin. I met her at the quidditch world cup last year.
Then Mcgonagall said various other names then she said...
"Titania Granger-Weasley" Oh no, I'm not ready, I'm not ready, arr I don't want to go up; but I do at the same time. Uhhhh... Well it's now or never hey...
Nervously, I walked up to to the stool and Mcgonagall placed the hat on my head. Then it started to speak...
"Hmm, you're a tricky one, I don't think you would thrive in Slytherin, but you do possess some traits of Ravenclaw, you are full of wisdom, yet you want adventure and crave to try new things but you dwell a kind heart and will be there for your loved ones till the day you die. AH I know where to put you! Hufflepuff!" Ok, phew!
Thunderous applause from the Hufflepuffs commenced.
I walked over to the Hufflepuff table and said next to that Patrick kid, he seems nice.
Then a few names after mine was called, Mcgonagall yelled,
"Albus-Remus Potter," Ok, calm down, calm down, he'll be fine.
"Where to put you, where to put you, another potter, hmm, Gryffindor hmm... No! No! No! Ravenclaw maybe, no... no... Hmm I do see Slytherin in you, yes you could be there, but your sole is pure as sun, your heart is stronger than your mind..."
The hat was silent for a minute. Oh lord...
"Hufflepuff!" Boomed the hat. Ok! Just Scorpius now!
Albus walked over to the table with swag. He did finger guns to his brother on the Gryffindor table, who rolled his eyes in return.
"Hey Ti," said Albus.
"Heart attack partly over!"
Then, after a few more names were called, there were only 6 people left standing, Scorpius being one of them.
Another name was read from her scroll, then she called...
"Scorpius Malfoy."
Ok, come on, you can do it Scorpius! He's shaking with nervousness! I don't know how'll he'll cope without us if he is sorted into a different house...he's too nice for his own good! Oh no he's shaking.
Cautiously, he waddled up and sat on the stool. Then, as soon as the hat touched his head it shouted,
"Hufflepuff!"
Glad that's over. Scorpius walked over with a big smile.
There was only four kids left now to be sorted.
"Alisa Longbottem." McGonagall called.
"Gryffindor!" Announced the hat, what a surprise. I would have never guessed.
"Kato Parkinson."
"Slytherin!" the hat declared.
"Kamil Wood" said Mcgonagall
"Gryffindor!" said the hat, golly who would have predicted that. I feeling him and Alisa will get on well.
Ok, only one more person till we can begin the feast, I'm so hungry.
"Samaira Patil" Mcgonagall called. She's a middle height girl, with an olive skin tone and a flowery, crimson hijab draped around her head.
"Ravenclaw!" Reported the hat. Finally, it's time to eat!
"Now you have been sorted Filch will remind us all of a couple important rules" stated Mcgonagall firmly. OMG JUST GET ON WITH IT, I NEED FOOD!
"The forbidden forest is forbidden, the restricted section in the library is restricted and do not be caught out of your dormitories past nine O'clock." Grumbled Filch, an old man with long scraggly gray hair, stroking a small jet black kitten.
"Now on a more positive note, WELCOME TO HOGWARTS AND MAY THE FEAST BEGIN!" Said Mcgonagall. FINALLY!
"Prandium pro omnibus!"Mcgonagall cast. At once, all the golden plates and cups along the table filled with food and drinks. Oh. My. Gosh. Heaven.
"Hey Ti did you know that the drink in your cup changes to what you want. All you have to do is wave your wand and ask for what you want," Said Teddy Lupin, who was across the table from me, he turned his hair to a varied green colour to match the lettuce he's eating.
"For example," articulated my cousin Louis who was sitting next to Ted. He flicked his wand up, "Gillywater please."
"Wow, that's so cool!" Stated me, Al and Scorpius in unison.
" Now you guys try. You too Patrick!" Smiled Ted.
"Fizzy-flower-Juice please," I hope this works.
"Take a sip," Ted encouraged me. I took sip and...
"WOW I did it!" Phew.
"Butter Beer please," said Albus.
He took a sip...
"MM lovely" he said
"Hot chocolate with whipped cream, Marshmallows and rainbow sprinkles!" Said Scorpius cheerfully, with an enormous smile filling his face. Oh my gosh, how could anyone be mean to Scorpius, he is the actual sunshine from the teletubbies!
"Also the plates around you correspond to your food needs" Louis mentioned.
"Yeah, I'm pescatarian, so that helps."
"Coffee please" said Patrick, who had only just stopping eating the gummy sweets that he had piled on to his plate.
"So Patrick, do you know anyone here?"
"Well, I sat with that Davis kid on the train, and I taught him spells because he seemed sad, he said the muggles he lives with think that he's weird, also you can call me Ricky" Ricky sighed, who had a strong northern accent.
"Oh... Well he probably felt better sitting with you."
"You guys better eat quick because desert is coming soon!" Smiled Ted licking his lips. So we dug into our food, I had some pizza. It's one of the best I've ever had.
A little while later, the plates filled up with an array of pudding and chocolate-laced desserts.
"WOW!" shook all the first years, in awe.
"OMG THIS LOOKS SO GOOD!" Said Al, who had previously scoffed down six chicken wings.
"So much SUGAR!" sighed Scorpius, gazing passionately at a profiterole.
"Who needs partner when you have profiterole" laughed Al, patting is stomach.